• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Prompt Volume Adjustments do not hold

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Is anyone else finding that the prompts during navigation are too loud and then turning them down (or probably up, as well) only sees to work for that immediate prompt and then goes back to what it was before the next time the prompt speaks? I have not found this happening on my Mach-E, but I definitely found it to be a significant annoyance on the drive from Chicago to Indianapolis for Thanksgiving. Constantly turning down the prompt volume got really old...
Sponsored

Bajou

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16MKX '18EDGE '19F-150 (Explorer MarkLT and many F150'S)
Occupation
Financial advisor, business owner
same here

OP
OP

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
@Ford Motor Company - Any chance you can look into this issue? It would actually be really nice if there was even a way to adjust the prompt volume in the settings and have it hold permanently, instead of having to wait for a prompt to occur to adjust it, especially since it is not holding once it is adjusted.

falcatum

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER
@Ford Motor Company are you working on a fix for this? My 2023 will not maintain the prompt volume. It keeps changing to a default value of 6 at every prompt.

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
@Ford Motor Company will just ask for your dealer name and VIN number and say they will look into things on their end. Instead of, you know, read the thread, realize it's a problem for multiple people, and send the info to the software engineering team.

umbrop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 40e
bump. agree this gets annoying.
keeps defaulting back up to 6.
Sponsored