• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Iā€™m in!!

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Not a fan of low riders, this would just be a snow plow as I pull the sleds to a snowy destination. ? Would be good as a grocery runner though. ?

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ā€˜18 ford bronco ā€˜21
Occupation
manager
Itā€™s a street truck likeā€¦.. the Lightningā€¦
Yeah but the old lightening was a gas single cab...... and this is not.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yeah but the old lightening was a gas single cab...... and this is not.
True but just like the Mustang it evolve into an SUVā€¦. Itā€™s going to sell like hot cakes. Just be glad they didnā€™t turn it into a Minivan :LOL:

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Lowered with AWD and an IRS would be the best solution for the limitations of converting a truck design into full EV and still have decent range and payload, as well as retain the right to be called a worthy successor to what is supposed to be a performance vehicle.

I wonder though if the 'grille' will be body color, like on the Mach-E to further differentiate it from the ICE trucks.

I am less curious about how it looks compared to what the drivetrain will look like as well as 1/4mile, 0-60, skidpad G's and if there will be storage in front, payload, range, etc...

With the crew cab, thanks to the aluminum alloy construction, it's not a huge weight penalty and makes it an infinitely more usable vehicle in today's truck market. Where the majority are being used in the same capacity that station wagons used to be.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Lowered with AWD and an IRS would be the best solution for the limitations of converting a truck design into full EV and still have decent range and payload, as well as retain the right to be called a worthy successor to what is supposed to be a performance vehicle.

I wonder though if the 'grille' will be body color, like on the Mach-E to further differentiate it from the ICE trucks.

I am less curious about how it looks compared to what the drivetrain will look like as well as 1/4mile, 0-60, skidpad G's and if there will be storage in front, payload, range, etc...

With the crew cab, thanks to the aluminum alloy construction, it's not a huge weight penalty and makes it an infinitely more usable vehicle in today's truck market. Where the majority are being used in the same capacity that station wagons used to be.
Ford has already announced their will be a large front storage (Frunk). My bet is they'll at least start out with a crew cab as pictured. I agree that the weight penalty is low on aluminum construction and the market for crew cabs is high. It wouldn't surprise me to see a long-bed extended cab as well at the start.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I'm hoping it comes out with a true 4WD option right off the bat. Clearance is too low on this render for my needs.