• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Retractable flush mount black stake-pocket tie-downs - VFL3Z-99000A64-D (Bullring)- Install

erford150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Hi,
Super simple installation just like any other F-150. Pry the blank plastic plate out from the side using a trim removal tool or flat head screwdriver - (removed plate is shown in the second picture below). Then drop in the bullring assembly and tighten the screw to clamp in place. Takes like one min per side. Part number is VFL3Z-99000A64-D

I did the version with the Ford logo and Ford part number that I bought from a Ford parts dealer online. These were a little different than the ones I had bought previously directly from Bull Ring in that they seemed to be updated. Only had one screw to clamp down and have a hook that is angled towards the bed when extended, instead of straight vertical. Both are improvements.

Ford F-150 Lightning Retractable flush mount black stake-pocket tie-downs - VFL3Z-99000A64-D (Bullring)- Install IMG-1746

Ford F-150 Lightning Retractable flush mount black stake-pocket tie-downs - VFL3Z-99000A64-D (Bullring)- Install IMG-1747
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

AAnative

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Can you install these on the front stake pockets too? I'm needing to carry a sailboat on a ladder rack and would love two sets of these tie downs.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Can you install these on the front stake pockets too? I'm needing to carry a sailboat on a ladder rack and would love two sets of these tie downs.
I'm not sure if there even is a front stake pocket. On the lightning there is no precut section in the plastic for one. There could be one underneath buts its not obvious.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Hi,
Super simple installation just like any other F-150. Pry the blank plastic plate out from the side using a trim removal tool or flat head screwdriver - (removed plate is shown in the second picture below). Then drop in the bullring assembly and tighten the screw to clamp in place. Takes like one min per side. Part number is VFL3Z-99000A64-D

I did the version with the Ford logo and Ford part number that I bought from a Ford parts dealer online. These were a little different than the ones I had bought previously directly from Bull Ring in that they seemed to be updated. Only had one screw to clamp down and have a hook that is angled towards the bed when extended, instead of straight vertical. Both are improvements.

IMG-1746.jpg

IMG-1747.jpg
Thank you for posting - this is my first F-150 and wasn't really aware of those tie-down areas - ordered a set - appreciate you taking the time to tell some of us!

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm not sure if there even is a front stake pocket. On the lightning there is no precut section in the plastic for one. There could be one underneath buts its not obvious.
If you look in the bed, there appears to be a front pocket in the sheet metal.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
You can buy the router bit on Amazon to open it up.

kvasiir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
You can buy the router bit on Amazon to open it up.
These flush-mount bull rings won't work in the hole you make, though. Their trim hangs over the stake pocket for that flush look. You'll have more cutting to do to make things fit nicely. I tried and gave up.... your perseverance may be greater than mine.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Purchased with FordPass points. Instructions seemed to be wrong showing tipping in the bed side before the fender side - easier to reverse that. There is also a little challenge getting the phillips tensioning screw into its threads.
Ford F-150 Lightning Retractable flush mount black stake-pocket tie-downs - VFL3Z-99000A64-D (Bullring)- Install IMG_20231124_140650365 Ford tie down kit installation

Ford F-150 Lightning Retractable flush mount black stake-pocket tie-downs - VFL3Z-99000A64-D (Bullring)- Install IMG_20231124_140855566 Ford tie down pickup bed receiver hole
Sponsored