• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rivian like slide-out kitchen?

Crocker-Speedway

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat Extended Battery
Looking for a 1/2 side slide out kitchen similar to the Rivians. Induction stove, storage for pots/cutlery/etc, fold flat sink. I see quite a few build how to’s, but can’t find anything on market. I suppose something will be coming out at some point.
Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Have you seen the decked system? They would be a nice way to organize a cooking system, just put an electric burner on the top of it. I also do a lot of camping and am looking to eventually replace all my gas items with electric.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Have you seen the decked system? They would be a nice way to organize a cooking system, just put an electric burner on the top of it. I also do a lot of camping and am looking to eventually replace all my gas items with electric.
I have, and it's very very cool. My comment was an oversimplification for sure. Sounds like a really interesting option for your use.

OP
OP

Crocker-Speedway

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat Extended Battery
Definitely something like that as a base but don’t want to buy everything piecemeal. Want to drive up, get it installed, and be ready to go camping right after. I certainly realize that a complete solution is going to be significantly more expensive than putting it together yourself.

Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
in general there's not a lot of portable electric cooking appliances available for sale, but with the increase in EVs and tailgating/camping hopefully that will change.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
in general there's not a lot of portable electric cooking appliances available for sale, but with the increase in EVs and tailgating/camping hopefully that will change.
All the power options in the Lightning & F150 hybrid (and other EVs) definitely helps in that regard. No need for as much specialized equipment if you can just plug in anything. For my very limited use my original joke is pretty accurate. I would get an electric griddle to plug in to the truck for cooking.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It seems like any type of electric griddle, burner, hot plate, toaster oven, etc. would all work. Having 120V plugs available means basically any kitchen appliance will work. Heck - load an electric range/oven in the bed and plug it in!

OP
OP

Crocker-Speedway

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat Extended Battery
It seems like any type of electric griddle, burner, hot plate, toaster oven, etc. would all work. Having 120V plugs available means basically any kitchen appliance will work. Heck - load an electric range/oven in the bed and plug it in!
Blenders! There’s a margarita in your future!

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Get one or more induction countertop cooktops, plug into pro power onboard outlets.

Sponsored

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I'm going to take my whole kitchen countertop car-camping when I get mine. Coffee maker, coffee grinder, toaster, pancake electric griddle, foreman grill, blender, etc. It'll all fit in a box in the frunk. Glamping is about to get a lot more glamorous without needing to be at a powered campsite!

Then I'll be able to tell my kids...Back when I was a kid we had to carry all our stuff 5 miles up a pack-mule trail in a backpack just so we could freeze to death while eating salami, crackers, and trail mix.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I'm going to take my whole kitchen countertop car-camping when I get mine. Coffee maker, coffee grinder, toaster, pancake electric griddle, foreman grill, blender, etc. It'll all fit in a box in the frunk. Glamping is about to get a lot more glamorous without needing to be at a powered campsite!
What? No Ice maker? how are you going to make Margaritas? ?;)

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
The Rivian has lots of weird nick-nacks that are kinda cool. My biggest concern is they're eventually going to break and then they're just gonna be a hassle. When your 5000$ stove breaks and they want another 5000$ to replace it after 5 years. Even the little custom flashlight, when it breaks you're gonna pay a super premium to buy a new flashlight that fits into that little custom nook.

The side to side tunnel is insanely cool, but looks like an absolute nightmare to ever clean out especially if your stove leaks anything undesirable in there. Gosh forbid your kids get stuck in the tunnel playing hide and seek. It's a cool idea if you only consider the happy path.

I like the idea of having plugs and things available. I just dont like the idea of having anything that is so tightly integrated in the vehicle that it could be overly expensive or impossible to fix/replace.