• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rivian owners have access to Tesla Chargers now

rv7pilot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Process Control Engineer
Rivian owners now have access to Tesla chargers. Looks like they have the software update as well. I still don’t think I have been updated yet. My FordPass app shows that I’m ready for P&C for Tesla but I haven’t seen an update with Tesla in the text in the truck.
Sponsored

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
Rivian email I received says they’re also going to give owners a free adapter.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I haven't received the tesla update yet either, but I've been getting updates in pretty quick succession recently. I think by the time I get the free adapter I'll have the update (and I'm not willing to buy an adapter when I'm going to get a free one anyway)

Sponsored

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Rivian email I received says they’re also going to give owners a free adapter.
Helped a Rivian driver while charging at a Tesla Station with a magic dock, helped him understand that you hold the Tesla handle for a few seconds and push to release the adapter. For me was charging about 128 kw and 60% SOC In my extended range.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
I tried out my Rivian at a Tesla SC last night with my A2Z adapter. It worked great. Since I had a credit card in my Rivian account/app, plug and charge started, didn’t have to do anything. The Rivian vehicle touchscreen integration is really good too, shows lives stats on how many stall are available at nearby chargers, shows real time costs while charging.

OP
OP

rv7pilot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Process Control Engineer
I tried out my Rivian at a Tesla SC last night with my A2Z adapter. It worked great. Since I had a credit card in my Rivian account/app, plug and charge started, didn’t have to do anything. The Rivian vehicle touchscreen integration is really good too, shows lives stats on how many stall are available at nearby chargers, shows real time costs while charging.
And I still don’t have plug and charge installed in my F150 Lightning yet. It would be a little more convenient but it doesn’t bother me as long as I’m still authorized.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
And I still don’t have plug and charge installed in my F150 Lightning yet. It would be a little more convenient but it doesn’t bother me as long as I’m still authorized.
If you charge a lot on Tesla SCs, then you'd want to enroll in their monthly membership program and then you'd have to use their app to get the discounted rate, bypassing plug and charge anyways.

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
There goes the neighborhood!
Sponsored