• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Saw the CyberTruck in the Tesla showroom

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
software on the Tesla - huge advantage
Lack of Android auto (or Apple car play) pretty much kills that though.
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I think you'll find that gap closing quickly now. Software might be good but if the vehicle hardware sucks then there's no point.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Maybe stand next to it and take selfies of your butt?
Prepare yourself for a "Does this the back of this truck make my butt look big?" comment from your significant other.

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
So if the rumored price in the mid to upper $70k range holds, what advantages (if any) does this really have over the Lightning or Silverado?
you’ll be noticed in one for sure. Some people really need that. I like how incognito the lightning is, though i was turning heads in Seattle proper last week. I think the television spots are starting to raise awareness and the fact you can actually get your hands in one is helping.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Not really. I mean what are we talking about when we say software? Fart sounds, Christmas mode, entertainment features?

Surprisingly with my 2023 Model 3 I am having the same issues I am having with my F-150 as far as downloads installing and what not.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Speaking of "Software", I am not so sure the CyberTruck will do very well in the government crash testing with it's stainless steel crumple zones. Anyone want to be a "bug stain" on the inside windshield after a high speed crash?

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I know. We'll have Alan Rick test drive his new CyberTruck, a replacement for his late Rivian, going 0 - 60 in 3 seconds from a stop light into a Pizza Shop? Talk about a "Crash Dummy".;)

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
So if the rumored price in the mid to upper $70k range holds, what advantages (if any) does this really have over the Lightning or Silverado?
Not everyone wants a ford. Some will prefer the Tesla design.
Silverado another year away.

certainly better app support and in vehicle software.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
It does look aggressive. With the CTs polarizing shape and finish, combined with Elon's notoriety, I will not be surprised to read disappointing reports of vandals testing it just as Elon did a couple of years ago.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
When Tesla claims a 267 mile range, that’s more like 180-ish in the real world — they’re getting their day in court on range games. If the battery is only 123kwh and it indeed weighs nearly a ton more than the F150 (stainless steel is way heavier than the all aluminum body ford), yeah, it’s going to suck.

As for the Tesla software being amazing nonsense, wake me up when they figure out how to do automatic high beams that work, provide an overhead 360 degree view, and things would be safer for everyone if Tesla addressed their phantom braking issues. No Carplay, no Android Auto. What exactly is impressive about a UX where you have to do multiple taps to access vehicle functions like wipers? When you put down your Kool Aid, the Tesla user experience is objectively terrible.

I am sure that Tesla fanboys will excitedly tout some 0-60 number for the thing that’s going to be totally useless when you’re hauling stuff back from the nursery. It’s not really a key truck performance metric. Unlike Tesla, Ford under promised and over delivered — something that Tesla has never done.

The CT isn’t for people who buy trucks. It’s for people who can’t afford a Lamborghini, but want to drive something that looks flashy… at least for a little while until every Tesla fanboy gets theirs and it disappears into the background like everything else. Nobody will care.

Elon Musk is a charlatan. He’s no different than Sam Bankman Fried, Elizabeth Holmes, and the Fyre festival idiot. Well, there’s one difference… they’re all being held accountable.

The Cybertruck is the Fyre festival of pickup trucks.

I’ve put nearly 20k miles on my Lightning in the past 7+ months. Looking forward to more adventures with it. At the moment, it’s the best EV pickup that money can buy and nothing that Elon is going to say on November 30th is going to change that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
When Tesla claims a 267 mile range, that’s more like 180-ish in the real world — they’re getting their day in court on range games. If the battery is only 123kwh and it indeed weighs nearly a ton more than the F150 (stainless steel is way heavier than the all aluminum body ford), yeah, it’s going to suck.

As for the Tesla software being amazing nonsense, wake me up when they figure out how to do automatic high beams that work, provide an overhead 360 degree view, and things would be safer for everyone if Tesla addressed their phantom braking issues. No Carplay, no Android Auto. What exactly is impressive about a UX where you have to do multiple taps to access vehicle functions like wipers? When you put down your Kool Aid, the Tesla user experience is objectively terrible.

I am sure that Tesla fanboys will excitedly tout some 0-60 number for the thing that’s going to be totally useless when you’re hauling stuff back from the nursery. It’s not really a key truck performance metric. Unlike Tesla, Ford under promised and over delivered — something that Tesla has never done.

The CT isn’t for people who buy trucks. It’s for people who can’t afford a Lamborghini, but want to drive something that looks flashy… at least for a little while until every Tesla fanboy gets theirs and it disappears into the background like everything else. Nobody will care.

Elon Musk is a charlatan. He’s no different than Sam Bankman Fried, Elizabeth Holmes, and the Fyre festival idiot. Well, there’s one difference… they’re all being held accountable.

The Cybertruck is the Fyre festival of pickup trucks.

I’ve put nearly 20k miles on my Lightning in the past 7+ months. Looking forward to more adventures with it. At the moment, it’s the best EV pickup that money can buy and nothing that Elon is going to say on November 30th is going to change that.
I remember seeing the weight around 5k lbs not verified obviously but they've used mega castings, aluminum along with stainless. I'd be shocked if it weighs more than a Lightning with how minimalistic the interior is and bespoke EV platform unlike the pieced together Lightning. As far as Tesla's range BS your 100% right 😂

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
As much as I like EVs in general, I personally don't like the look of the CyberTruck. Sure aerodynamically this will most likely do better than the F150L, but I guess I still like the old fashioned F150L look.
Actually, Elon musk has personally described the aerodynamics of the Cybertruck as "worse" than if it didn't have that radical design while on the Joe Rogan podcast. It was simply an exercise in ridiculousness, it's shape and design has little to do with aerodynamics.

Last edited: