• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Saw the CyberTruck in the Tesla showroom

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
It was pretty cool to see it in person not just spy shots of it driving or being trailered. The front end and light bar looks mean the rear end looks like a deep freezer 😂

Ford F-150 Lightning Saw the CyberTruck in the Tesla showroom IMG_20231125_131413

Ford F-150 Lightning Saw the CyberTruck in the Tesla showroom IMG_20231125_131450

Ford F-150 Lightning Saw the CyberTruck in the Tesla showroom IMG_20231125_131528

Ford F-150 Lightning Saw the CyberTruck in the Tesla showroom IMG_20231125_131315

Ford F-150 Lightning Saw the CyberTruck in the Tesla showroom IMG_20231125_131538
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
As much as I like EVs in general, I personally don't like the look of the CyberTruck. Sure aerodynamically this will most likely do better than the F150L, but I guess I still like the old fashioned F150L look.

Lingnik

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat 511A; 2011 Subaru Outback
Closed wheel hubcaps are less aerodynamic than open (especially fan-style) because air gets trapped around the caliper and becomes turbulent.

I wonder how well the tire flex under load with how much the hubcaps protrude over the tire.

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
Definitely won't fit my needs of a real on the farm. But to each there own. A friend is getting his next month. I challenge him to change my mind.

RaptorEV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 12C
Occupation
Secret Agent
This has to be a joke, right? We're being punked. How is it possible to have those sharp angles at each corner? Pedestrians don't stand a chance. How is that even legal?

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
By far my favorite thing about the Cybetruck is how it has turned so many things on its ear.

I love disruption.

Sure, It can bring with it a dose of anxiety or pain, but the progress made in its wake is usually worth it.
The Cyber Truck is going to influence the pickup truck of every manufacturer. Including ICE trucks.
And as an eternal optimist, I believe for the better.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
This has to be a joke, right? We're being punked. How is it possible to have those sharp angles at each corner? Pedestrians don't stand a chance. How is that even legal?
Yea really, we will have to rework the whole points system. So will the glancing blows be more or less points?

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I think one reason I have warmed up to it since the first time we saw it in 2019, is my affinity to Military Science Fiction genre in Audio Books?
I've listened to about 200 of them and so I think my brain is already comfortable with the image overlap? 🤣

I can clearly see a UNSC Spartan climbing out of one at Whataburger to fetch his jalapeño cheeseburger.

LightQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat Star White Metalic
Idk...
I have one on order from years ago. But the more I see these sneak peeks, the more it just looks like my Mom's stainless steel Kenmore Refrigerator, not even a Samsung. Finger prints and smudges included.
I agree about the points. I guess you need sharp points to look mean now.

The bigger problem is that I bought a extended range Lightning Lariat in fall 2022 as an experiment/tryout before my Rivian R1S (or the mysterious CT) was ready for delivery. So far, I cancelled my Rivian this fall. I tried out two of them. I wouldnt trade even for my Lightning.

I never expected the F-150 Lightning to be such a wonderful vehicle and Ford has been a great partner for me so far. I'm lucky perhaps. That CT will have to totally prove itself to me first before I let go of this sweet bird in the hand...

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Definitely won't fit my needs of a real on the farm. But to each there own. A friend is getting his next month. I challenge him to change my mind.
do you use your lightning for farm duty? just out of curiosity what are the needs and why wouldn't the cybertruck work vs a traditional truck? I'm guessing mainly the poor access to the bed from the sides?

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
Precisely Kev, I do weekly trips to get large 900 lb round bales of hay. From what I've seen, the smaller box wouldn't meet my needs. And it's ugly af!
Sponsored