• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

saw my first cybertruck

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
visiting Houston and staying just a few miles from Telsa showroom. saw 5 cybertrucks waiting to get washed before delivery to customers. It's every bit as ugly as the pictures show. Had a nice conversation with an elderly couple who had a reservation. He thought it was beautiful! Different strokes for different folks.....but man that is ugly.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My first sighting was at the Tesla NACS charging demo in NJ, the Tesla charging rep was driving one, he had it parked at the Wawa while we did our thing...... it drew some attention from the regular patrons as we drew attention from all the regular Tesla drivers trying to grab a charge up that morning.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
just saw my first one in the wild here in Florida yesterday.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
My first sighting was at the Tesla NACS charging demo in NJ, the Tesla charging rep was driving one, he had it parked at the WaWa while we did our thing...... it drew some attention from the regular patrons as we drew attention from all the regular Tesla drivers trying to grab a charge up that morning.
How was the attention you drew from the Tesla drivers? Good / Bad / Indifferent.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
just saw my first one in the wild here in Florida yesterday.
Where are you in Florida? Saw my first one charging in Clearwater. I think it looks pretty cool. Smaller than I expected, and not quite the "truck" comfort creatures but pretty neat. Competition is a great for us all!

Sponsored

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
Where are you in Florida? Saw my first one charging in Clearwater. I think it looks pretty cool. Smaller than I expected, and not quite the "truck" comfort creatures but pretty neat. Competition is a great for us all!

I saw it driving thru downtown fort Myers. It had Florida plates. some people report seeing them with California plates.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
My first impression of CT is also ugly but now I changed my mind. I still prefer Lightning for its size, frunk, cabin and bed. But CT is very cool, expecially its bullet proof stainless outside. If it has the size as F150 and a larger battery, I could pick it over Lightning.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Front is best part, the back is a mess, the interior is meh.

I think the biggest disappointment is they didn't make the interior Model S/X like and instead opted for Model 3/Y like. The suspension bit also look flimsy.

I cancelled my Reservation after the November presentation as it didn't offer much more than the Lightning.

Sponsored

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Much smaller frunk, compact cabin, smaller bed (only 5 inches longer).

If Lightning bed is 6 feet it would be perfect.
Bed is larger than the Lightning. The frunk is easily superior in the Lightning. The number of outlets in the bed and frunk. The air suspension and the steer by wire are amazing! It’s easy for me to prefer the driving dynamics in the Cybertruck. I hope steer by wire is a feature in the T3. I’m convinced I won’t buy another vehicle unless it has that!

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I didn’t mind the ugly. Most trucks look ugly to me. Better to be ugly and special than ugly and boring. But the value simply is not there. I cancelled my reservation as soon as specs and price came out.

I have never been shot at with bullets but all my vehicles have been shot at with bird crap thousands of time. CT SS apparently can’t handle bird poop. Has more problems with fingerprints than my lightning and you would have to pay extra for wrapping to get a color which probably would not last as long as the paint on my truck.

I have had blow outs, no dedicated place in CT to keep a spare. And you have to pay extra if you want one.

No self driving but you get the privilege of paying for one.

Subpar frunk and rear seat space.

No android auto.

Visibility has some issues

except rear wheel steering, it has no jaw dropping functionality that makes a huge difference. It could not even deliver on the 500 mile range.

All that and selling twice the price of announced pricing. Even the original price ended up being more than what I paid for my Dual motor Lightning.

It is an overpriced unfinished truck. Now that superchargers are open, the only reason I can see someone getting one is loving the look.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
How was the attention you drew from the Tesla drivers? Good / Bad / Indifferent.
Positive from the few who were able to squeeze in for a charging session, several joined the conversation with Ford reps, they understood the media event was a one off situation and their station would be back to normal once we all rolled out of town.

My Second Tesla charging stop in New London CT had a positive experience with a Tesla owner, had a brief conversation, he was positive about effective use of the available resources, maybe down the road the overall costs of charging will stabilize with more profits rolling into Tesla's pocket.

Third session in Seekonk, Ma, five Tesla owners were charging none were interested in chatting, I'd give them credit though as it was blustery and cold as the sun was starting to set.

CarJunky

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Challenger 392, Lightning Lariat
Yeah...ugly as sin. I was a minute one reservation order who bailed and bought a lightning last week. Not for looks, but because the lightning was 40% lower cost and better by most all measures. Same / better range, more room, lower cost, faster, includes paint, sunroof, trailer tech, a spare tire....need I say more? Ok - bullet proof would be cool - but I'm not a politician...

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
I didn’t mind the ugly. Most trucks look ugly to me. Better to be ugly and special than ugly and boring. But the value simply is not there. I cancelled my reservation as soon as specs and price came out.

I have never been shot at with bullets but all my vehicles have been shot at with bird crap thousands of time. CT SS apparently can’t handle bird poop. Has more problems with fingerprints than my lightning and you would have to pay extra for wrapping to get a color which probably would not last as long as the paint on my truck.

I have had blow outs, no dedicated place in CT to keep a spare. And you have to pay extra if you want one.

No self driving but you get the privilege of paying for one.

Subpar frunk and rear seat space.

No android auto.

Visibility has some issues

except rear wheel steering, it has no jaw dropping functionality that makes a huge difference. It could not even deliver on the 500 mile range.

All that and selling twice the price of announced pricing. Even the original price ended up being more than what I paid for my Dual motor Lightning.

It is an overpriced unfinished truck. Now that superchargers are open, the only reason I can see someone getting one is loving the look.
I’m glad I’ve never checked forums to decide on reasons to purchase a vehicle. I heard similar qualms, complaints, or even ignorance when I started driving my Lightning. Love my Lightning and also my Cybertruck. Steer by wire is game changer for me. Rear wheel steer is a benefit of that technology. I hope more manufacturers implement it. My Lightning cost more than my Cybertruck because of the dealer ADM.
Sponsored