• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shortcut on main screen for camera possible?

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
If I could have optioned my Lariat ER any way I could, I would have chose the 12" dash, 18" wheels and tires, no moonroof and the B&O Unleashed system.
Why you hating on the moonroof @Pioneer74 ?? I love mine in my lariat! Probably my favorite feature
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Why you hating on the moonroof @Pioneer74 ?? I love mine in my lariat! Probably my favorite feature
Because, historically in the F150, they have been problematic. They are designed to leak, and if you don't keep the drains clean, could result in a lot of damage. Not to mention the arms supporting the moving part of the glass is supported by plastic parts that will break if you don't lube the seals and they stick to each other.

My wife's Edge roof is starting to creak at 22k miles. We can take it in and the service department can get it to stop making noise, but the first time you open and close it the noise comes back. We had it fixed one more time and will not be opening it again, and look forward to trading it in.

I special ordered my 2021 Lariat without the glass roof. After many vehicles with standard moonroofs over the years, I didn't miss the glass roof.

Last edited:
Reactions: GDN

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
Because, historically in the F150, they have been problematic. They are designed to leak, and if you don't keep the drains clean, could result in a lot of damage. Not to mention the arms supporting the moving part of the glass is supported by plastic parts that will break if you don't lube the seals and they stick to each other.

My wife's Edge roof is starting to creak at 22k miles. We can take it in and the service department can get it to stop making noise, but the first time you open and close it the noise comes back. We had it fixed one more time and will not be opening it again, and look forward to trading it in.

I special ordered my 2021 Lariat without the glass roof. After many vehicles with standard moonroofs over the years, I didn't miss the glass roof.
Oh lord hope I don’t have all those issues down the line.

Sponsored

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
one of the features I wanted but no longer getting with the 2023 price increase
Would recommend calling around and seeing about getting a dealer demo model. That’s how I got mine, and with the EV credit that I would have lost if I waited till 2023 plus the increase for 2023 MY MSRP it made sense to buy it with the small markup this dealer had. At least it was worth it until I got into a pileup with the truck this morning…

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I think you're in the wrong place. The 1995 F-150 forum is the other way. That one is considerable shorter than the 2022. If you get one of those will you be taking the camera and all sensors off because you're a perfect truck driver man?

Yeah I like the cameras and like to use them to park in tight spots. I don't feel bad about it because I'm not as deserving of driving a 145" wheelbase vehicle as you. Maybe you just use your vehicle on some farm. I use mine for camping, biking and in a city. Let's keep that attitude back at Facebook.
I use mine in a city daily, and very rarely use the camera. This truck is very easy to drive and park without it.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Would recommend calling around and seeing about getting a dealer demo model. That’s how I got mine, and with the EV credit that I would have lost if I waited till 2023 plus the increase for 2023 MY MSRP it made sense to buy it with the small markup this dealer had. At least it was worth it until I got into a pileup with the truck this morning…

Sorry to hear that.

yeah I have been keeping an eye out and have inquiries out for dealers within 200 miles

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning

Hey @Pioneer74 , can you send me a DM? I need to ask you something and it won’t let me message you. I’d appreciate it!

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Anyone else noticed the completely redundant physical button for Max Defrost? They have that on the screen already. I couldn’t believe it took me two months to notice.

They could swap out the function in either one of those locations for the camera.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I've been driving an ICE Lariat for about a week now (more on where my truck is in a few days) but I have to agree that the physical button for the cameras is a very nice thing and very fast/responsive on that 12" screen.

Ford has to do something about the GUI on the 15" screen. There is so much real estate on the screen there is no reason there isn't a row of icons that address some of the more often needed functions. Even make it customizable. Let me select the 5 to 8 items I want access to across the top of my screen.
THIS!!!!!!

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I'm looking in to wiring up my own button. Here's the wiring diagram for the button that you get with the 12" screens.

Looks like we need to add a switch to pin 10 of the IPMA module's connector C242B.

Ford F-150 Lightning Shortcut on main screen for camera possible? 1666928365173

Ford F-150 Lightning Shortcut on main screen for camera possible? 1666928395281

Ford F-150 Lightning Shortcut on main screen for camera possible? 1666928429042

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Personally, I love the 15" screen. Love it. I also agree that more personalized selections could be programmed on it. Some thoughts:

- Split screen view, similar to an iPad (and let us choose what is split)
- Watch cameras as we drive, and have them record. One way to do it is to have it sync to our phones and have the video record there or the cloud for 24 hours
- While the car is parked, watch movies or Apps from our iPhones (like Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, etc).
- A permanent set of favorites (there are a few now, but the options are too limited)

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
I'm looking in to wiring up my own button. Here's the wiring diagram for the button that you get with the 12" screens.

Looks like we need to add a switch to pin 10 of the IPMA module's connector C242B.

1666928365173.png

1666928395281.png

1666928429042.png
Hey Pete, not sure where you got these diagrams but are you able to find the same for a 2021 + Ford Edge? I ask because the edge has a Sync 4a 15" screen and a physical camera button. I'm wondering if the APIMs wire differently and your diagrams would confirm. Side note, and MAYBE a reason why Ford didn't include this in the F-150; Ford Edge has an outstanding recall to repair the button not activating the 360-camera/reverse camera and is yet to develop a fix.

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
The best alternative is to briefly shift to reverse enabling the backup camera with the 360 view at the top of the screen. Be sure the rear camera delay is on, and the camera view will be persistent as long as you stay below 5 MPH or shift to P.
I have found when pulling in to a parking spot, that pulling just close enough to another vehicle or barrier initiates the 360 degree camera due to the exterior sensor triggering. However, the camera only stays up for a few seconds if the object moves away or you continue pulling forward. It does seems to get me just enough vision to initiate the parking maneuver and then I’m usually shifting to reverse anyway which brings up the 360 camera again. I also have the option selected to keep the 360 camera up longer when parking which helps too.
Sponsored