• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SMOKED QUARTZ F-150 Lightning Photos & Club

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Too bad Smoked Quartz it isn't an XLT Lightning color choice.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I wish they had different wheel choices for the Lariat. Smoked Quartz is my preferred color but those standard wheels don't really go that well with the color. Same with the Antimatter Blue. Just doesn't quite look right.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
This or Atlas Blue were my top choices.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Atlas Blue looks better with the Lariat stock wheels IMO.

In the Build & Price the Smoked Quartz looks hot with the Platinum wheels. I think that might be the best Lightning color/wheel combo.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I am so torn on this... going back-and-forth on a Lariat ER with SQ or Atlas Blue. Wish Ford had side-by-side shots in various lighting :D

SQ will push this over $80k in case anyone still thinks BBB could get done in 2022 with that proposed cap.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I went with SQ, bedliner and max tow, theoretical tax credit be damned. For $80k I want it to come with everything I want.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I went with SQ, bedliner and max tow, theoretical tax credit be damned. For $80k I want it to come with everything I want.
Same. It only takes a Max Tow selection to be over $80k on net price, and I'm not skipping that for this pie in the sky credit concept. Plus, even with bed liner and SQ cost is under $80k when destination charges are excluded.

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I wish they had different wheel choices for the Lariat. Smoked Quartz is my preferred color but those standard wheels don't really go that well with the color. Same with the Antimatter Blue. Just doesn't quite look right.
Same thoughts...not a fan of the wheels. Ordered the SQ, but I may look at some decent take-offs from early an ICE F-150. The new wheels may grow on me once I see them up close.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Same. It only takes a Max Tow selection to be over $80k on net price, and I'm not skipping that for this pie in the sky credit concept. Plus, even with bed liner and SQ cost is under $80k when destination charges are excluded.
They've reduced the price of the max tow package so that Lariat ER with max tow and base colors are under $80k with destination included. So now I have to reconsider risk of paying for this preferred color and decide before order is scheduled for production ?.

Is this a $12.5k gamble on this color? Any history on whether a limited color like this will get scheduled sooner or later than a common color like my second choice carbonized gray? May have to pick a freebie color and wrap to get something a little more fun than factory options (I've never done that).

Sponsored

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I took a big chance getting an Area 51 Bronco and absolutely love the new color. I almost signed up for this smoked quartz, but was worried because Iā€™ve never spent 80+k on a new vehicle without seeing the color up close. So, I stuck with carbonized grey and I know I will be very happy with it. Although, I might drool over SQ color once I see it in person. šŸ˜‚

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
I took a big chance getting an Area 51 Bronco and absolutely love the new color. I almost signed up for this smoked quartz, but was worried because Iā€™ve never spent 80+k on a new vehicle without seeing the color up close. So, I stuck with carbonized grey and I know I will be very happy with it. Although, I might drool over SQ color once I see it in person. šŸ˜‚
I have seen SQ the ICE trucks and like it. I prefer it to carbonized but not sure Iā€™d go Lariat just to get it though. There are no exclusive colors so you can get lucky on the Ford site and track down some other model to see them in the metal.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I have seen SQ the ICE trucks and like it. I prefer it to carbonized but not sure Iā€™d go Lariat just to get it though. There are no exclusive colors so you can get lucky on the Ford site and track down some other model to see them in the metal.
Iā€™m actually going to head to Folsom Ford in California tomorrow, in hopes of seeing an SQ on the lot. I already changed my color once from Iced Blue Silver to Carbonized Grey. I did see an a iced Blue Silver car before I changed my color. I guess if there is an SQ truck and Iā€™m absolutely sold, I can run into my dealership in Nevada and see if they can change it one more time, before 5/23 build week.

AdAstra911

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
DIY enthusiast, IT
Great, it's a top choice, thank you for sharing!
Sponsored