• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sorry About That! message

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Is anyone else getting this persistent error message? I recieved my "time to order" email last Thursday, but when I log in to complete my order, the system is unable to do anything. I first get this when reviewing my reservations/orders:

Ford F-150 Lightning Sorry About That! message 1645534646909

Then I get this when I click View & Confirm Order:

Ford F-150 Lightning Sorry About That! message 1645534693997

I went to my dealership yesterday and they're unable to see it or complete the order process, though they do see my reservation. They said they would keep checking to see if they were able to convert the reservation into an order and then send me the form to sign to complete it.

I don't consider a glitch lasting a few hours or perhaps a day to be that unusual, but this has been broken all weekend. Anyone else see this?
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I think that, judging by the # of orders registered on this Forum since last Thursday (Wave #4), the Ford System is either seriously broken or they are pausing to catch up on understanding the orders to date.

Early on some have been able to order through the dealer but we have not heard how many of those orders were completed or confirmed.

Or they are receiving so few orders for the remaining Lariat/Platinums (Conversion %) they are reassessing their strategy?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan
I've been lurking this forum for months and just created an account to respond to this post...

I went to the dealership on Saturday 2/19 to finalize my order. Manager told me I couldn't proceed unless I finalized something online. Went to my order reservation on Ford.com and am receiving the exact same error as you are. Dealer told me to wait a few days and/or he'd give me a number to call Ford directly.

OP
OP
beatle

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I suppose there's some consolation that my problem is not isolated, but I do still wonder what the root cause is, and it sucks that others are having to deal with this.

While I was at the dealership I got a few "confirm your new Ford purchase now!" emails from Ford with links to my reservation/order page, but as expected those yielded the "sorry about that!" pages when I attempted to proceed. Last month I'd gone to the dealership to submit my build sheet so they would easily be able to put it into the order system. I think those two emails were artifacts of the dealership attempting to do that.

Deleted member 9341

Is anyone else getting this persistent error message? I recieved my "time to order" email last Thursday, but when I log in to complete my order, the system is unable to do anything. I first get this when reviewing my reservations/orders:

1645534646909.png

Then I get this when I click View & Confirm Order:

1645534693997.png

I went to my dealership yesterday and they're unable to see it or complete the order process, though they do see my reservation. They said they would keep checking to see if they were able to convert the reservation into an order and then send me the form to sign to complete it.

I don't consider a glitch lasting a few hours or perhaps a day to be that unusual, but this has been broken all weekend. Anyone else see this?
Assume you’re not trying to submit an order for something that has sold out since you started the build order?

Sponsored
OP
OP
beatle

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have no idea what is sold out since all I get is that error message. FWIW my build is an ER Lariat.

Kickaha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Sorry to hear that, but honestly, I dont have much sympathy as I am still waiting for my Ready to Order email. I am just jealous! :( Look at it this way - at least you have an email vs the rest of us who check email about 50 times per day!

I am sure you will get it worked out eventually. You have an entire month. Ford is just swamped right now. (Dont get me started on how they should have expected this crazy volume but thats a different conversation)

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Maybe the reservation was "stolen" by the dealer ?
Is it possible that the dealer can change the reservation so that the email goes to someone else ??

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
FordPass is having issues, which means Ford servers are having issues, which means... Issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
beatle

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've heard of "priority" customers getting earlier emails, but I thought that only affected which wave you were in. Meaning I could have been in wave 1 or 2 if there weren't priority customers bumping me down the list. Not saying my dealer did this though - just providing a hypothesis.

My reservation wasn't until 10:03PM EST on 5/19, so I was a "late" reservation by some standards. Given how small the waves have actually been, it now doesn't surprise me that I'm in wave 4. It does surprise me that they can't hammer out these order details though since they've allegedly done this 3 times already in the earlier waves.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
FordPass is having issues, which means Ford servers are having issues, which means... Issues.
Some are Saying....

Goodbye AT&T 3G Today?

Ram & GM CyberAttack?

Russia Hates Ford?

Ford IT workers are all on Covid Vacation and HS Trainees are in Charge?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan
FWIW I am in Wave 3. and was able to build out everything online no problem, up until this weekend.

My current suspicion is that with Wave 4 opening up Ford might be re-evaluating the demand for certain trim levels.

I was planning on putting in an XLT SR order, had it already spec'd in the online configuration tool. I had thought maybe because that trim level had sold out (according to some Wave 4 posters) that it was throwing this error - but I am quite confident that the Lariat ER was not sold out last I saw.

OP
OP
beatle

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seems like it's fixed now. I'm now able to choose whether I want to order online or through my dealer. To hijack my own thread... it seems like going through your dealer is the only way to be 100% sure of the final price, is that correct? Ordering online still leaves the door open for them to pull something at the end unless you get a similar PO when placing the order online.
Sponsored