• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
A51 (also known as “old man blue”) is not a good looking color on the Bronco, and isn’t a good color on the Lightning. For some reason people are choosing it 🤮

I would also like to see Race Red instead of old man red (rapid red). In reality the Pro model could really be available in white, black, and race red as those are the most common work truck colors.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
A51 (also known as “old man blue”) is not a good looking color on the Bronco, and isn’t a good color on the Lightning. For some reason people are choosing it 🤮

I would also like to see Race Red instead of old man red (rapid red). In reality the Pro model could really be available in white, black, and race red as those are the most common work truck colors.
Ford must think only old men are buying the Lightning

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
You might be onto something. With most of them going out the door at $80K old men who can afford it would be the target customers. I’m 45 and waiting for my AMB Pro and drive a Cactus Gray Bronco.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You might be onto something. With most of them going out the door at $80K old men who can afford it would be the target customers. I’m 45 and waiting for my AMB Pro and drive a Cactus Gray Bronco.
41 here, but life has been good to me and my family so we are going for a Lariat ER. I just love in your face colors on my vehicles. Give me the great bold colors from the original muscle car era. Where are the greens, the yellows, the oranges, or purples? What happened to gold? Where are the graphics packages for the Lightning?

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I've owned a lot of cars with various shades of red.

'65 Mustang, poppy red
'65 Pontiac GTO, montero red
'94 Cutlass Supreme Convertible, bright red
2012 Tesla Model S, Signature red
2016 Tesla Model X, Signature red
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, rapid red

I love the depth that you can get with a darker red. The brighter reds (poppy red, bright red) don't show depth as much as the darker red with tri-coats and metallics.

I loved each one of these colors, but I have to say that the beauty of the red comes out with depth.

That said, to each his own - I can understand the love of the brighter reds - race red, poppy red, etc.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I've owned a lot of cars with various shades of red.

'65 Mustang, poppy red
'65 Pontiac GTO, montero red
'94 Cutlass Supreme Convertible, bright red
2012 Tesla Model S, Signature red
2016 Tesla Model X, Signature red
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, rapid red

I love the depth that you can get with a darker red. The brighter reds (poppy red, bright red) don't show depth as much as the darker red with tri-coats and metallics.

I loved each one of these colors, but I have to say that the beauty of the red comes out with depth.

That said, to each his own - I can understand the love of the brighter reds - race red, poppy red, etc.
I really enjoyed the darker reds when they first came out (had a 2014 Mustang GT in Ruby red and my 2017 Raptor is the same color), but now it seems that all reds are the dark reds and they just blend into the noise of all the other vehicles on the road.

Be honest, if you drove past a Rapid red Lightning and a Cyber Orange Mach-e, which is going to catch your eye.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Be honest, if you drove past a Rapid red Lightning and a Cyber Orange Mach-e, which is going to catch your eye.
Oh, no doubt that it would catch my eye... as to which one I think looks better? Citrus cars aren't my thing, although I see plenty of lemon, lime, & orange Fiestas out there. :)

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Oh, no doubt that it would catch my eye... as to which one I think looks better? Citrus cars aren't my thing, although I see plenty of lemon, lime, & orange Fiestas out there. :)
Love those fiesta colors!
Sponsored