• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Advice on New Lightning - 2023 XLT or 2023 Lariat Extended Range

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
Wow, is $2k front and back installed? My RAM custom order from Katskin was $4,800 with 2 tone red and black leather and RAM logo sticking on front seats.
Yes front and back
Sponsored

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
So while I cannot add any new information I can give some more perspective an opinion.

I had a 2021 loaded XLT ICE F150 that I traded on a 2023 Lariat Lightning.

I had considered trading for an XLT lightning to save money, but I was disappointed that I would be trading my 3 year old truck in for basically the exact same truck. So I pushed for the Lariat. At first, I only knew of a few differences, but as I've owned the truck for a month there are several upgrades that really stand out to me.

1. Leather Seats are nice and two tone is attractive
2. Cooled seats, this is one of the big items
3. Power folding mirrors, another huge one cause my garage is sooo tight with the mirrors out.
4. Memory settings. My wife likes to drive my truck and I love the memory settings cause it was annoying on the XLT without it
5. The sunroom/moonroof is massive and my kids love it. They ask me to open it every time they're in the truck.
6. The ambient lightning is very nice and it's the first thing my 6yr old daughter noticed when she got in the new truck vs the old one.
7. The rear light bar is a huge feature for me. I love the look and it really "completes" the lightning package. Lightbar on front and rear for the full look of a lightning.
8. My wife's seat has lumbar now, she's a big fan of this option
9. The better sound system
10. The garage door opener is very nice. People also forget about the 1 touch down on all 4 windows and the automatic touch unlock on all four doors.

I'll stop there.. again I want to stress the XLT is very nice, and if it has more features than you currently have, I think you'll be very happy.

This is the first time in my life I've had a truck with all the features I wanted though. Sometimes I've had cars with some of these nicer features but never got to have them in a truck before.
I didn't need the moon roof, the mirrors would have been a cool addition. I also don't really use the sound system for anything other than listening to news and audiobooks, but I would have loved the seat cooling feature. In fact, I did get aftermarket leather seats, which are much nicer than the cloth ones (Katzkin). However, at the time of purchase, the dealership was not willing to negotiate the price and was asking for an additional $10,000, which was too much for me since my primary requirement was the ER. If I had waited for two weeks, I could have bought the Lariat for almost the same price as the XLT. If I were to buy a truck today, I would definitely go for the Lariat ER without any hesitation.

OP
OP

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Ended up choosing the XLT with Extended Range with Mobile Charger and Bed Liner with the Equipment Group 312A. Comes with home pro charger as well and put in for the Tesla adapter. I head out back home tomorrow morning for a 240 mile trip home. Guess I’m breaking it in right. Charging to 100% to make the trip. Bought the 5 year Warranty and tires/rims for $1,900. Overall $22,300 in discount, rebate and federal government $. Financing (they did a great job on my trade) at 3.9% interest for 60 months. Chalmers Ford here in Rio Rancho, NM is excellent to deal with. See Joshua there. Thanks for all the great advice. The Lariats are amazing too.

Last edited:

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
I have a Lariat ER because that is the truck I found used and relatively cheap that had the options I wanted. I like the look and buttons of the XLT better. I recommend Co-Pilot Assist with the active cruise control and I kinda like the rear sliding window. Other than that, I would be fine with the XLT to be honest.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I have a Lariat ER because that is the truck I found used and relatively cheap that had the options I wanted. I like the look and buttons of the XLT better. I recommend Co-Pilot Assist with the active cruise control and I kinda like the rear sliding window. Other than that, I would be fine with the XLT to be honest.
The adaptive cruise that I have has a feature the drives the truck, but you have to keep your hands on the wheel. Will post pics soon. Love the XLT!

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
When I was deciding on what trim back in 2022, I put together a spreadsheet sorted by trim. Here are the extra features you got in 2022 going from a 312A (XLT High) to a 511A (Lariat High). Please look at the 2023 Order Guide and the specific window sticker though as things may have changed slightly or had a delete (e.g., intrusion alarm). Also Tow Tech was standard on Lariat but available as option on XLT.
Leather-trimmed, heated and ventilated front seats, 10-way power driver’s seat and multi-adjustable power passenger seat with power lumbar (XLT has Cloth heated seats, 10-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar, Power passenger seat)
Driver's memory seat with Easy Entry/Exit
Mirrors, Sideview – Power-folding, Memory, Auto-Dimming Feature (Driver's Side), High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, and Body-color Skull Caps
Signature tailgate lighting
SYNC® 4A, 15.5-inch LCD touch screen
Universal Garage Door Opener
Wireless Charging Pad
B&O Sound (8 speakers and subwoofer)
Visors with Driver and Passenger illuminated, covered mirrors
Pedals, add Memory to power adjustable
Seat, Rear — Armrest w/cupholders
Heated Steering Wheel
Power-Sliding Rear-Window
Ambient Lighting – Ice Blue Color Only
Advanced Security Pack (Intrusion alarm)
Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 – adds BlueCruise, Active Park Assist, Phone-as-a-key
Twin panel moonroof
Rain-Sensing Wipers
Second row heated seats
Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column with Memory
Happy, with XLT but the Lariat has all these features I would happily enjoy. lol.

OP
OP

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Happy, with XLT but the Lariat has all these features I would happily enjoy. lol.
Very well said! Unfortunately it was $7k more in price and $2.5k less in ford rebate than XLT. I’ll put in leather seats and call it a day. I do wish I had the fold in mirrors. I have heated seats, auto tailgate and auto frunk, power seats in front, upgraded 20 inch rims, awesome display screen, fold out work table, work surface on tailgate with spray in bed liner, adaptive cruise with a feature that will drive it for you, heated steering wheel and a mobile charging cord, and the 75 years f150 sticker in the front window, plus all the software features and apps like Amazon.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Very well said! Unfortunately it was $7k more in price and $2.5k less in ford rebate than XLT. I’ll put in leather seats and call it a day. I do wish I had the fold in mirrors. I have heated seats, auto tailgate and auto frunk, power seats in front, upgraded 20 inch rims, awesome display screen, fold out work table, work surface on tailgate with spray in bed liner, adaptive cruise with a feature that will drive it for you, heated steering wheel and a mobile charging cord, and the 75 years f150 sticker in the front window, plus all the software features and apps like Amazon.
It’s a keeper, congratulations. 👍🏼

Sponsored