• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spray in Bed Liner or Bed Mat enough coverage?

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
I thought about something similar. But from what I read on reviews and all that. I have had trifecta before and never had issues. so I decided to stick with true/proven cover based on my experience.

Another reason why I like the cover/mat idea is because at least with the cover, I can re-use on next truck. I have had my current cover (with lifetime warranty) for 11 years over 3 trucks.
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
The only thing I've hauled in the bed of my truck in the last 10 years is kegs of beer. The unprotected bed had the paint scraped off, the drop-in had the kegs sliding all over the place. I have not seen a difference between the LineX spray in and the factory spray in. I intentionally left off the spray in to keep everything under $80 (to include destination charges) JUST in case BBB somehow passes. LineX base price compares nicely with the factory spray in.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I opted for the plastic drop in.
Got one for the Ranger years ago, and was just fine with it.
Easy to wash out, things easy to slide in or out. Dent protection.
But, when I had to remove the bed for a fuel pump, I found that the squirrels used the tie down openings for acorn and pecan deposits..
The new truck has plugs for the lower tie downs, so I don’t see a future issue with it and it fits snugly against the sides where the box link brackets are.
15 years in the Ranger and the paint was only rubbed off in a couple of spots-no big deal in S. Texas.
I tend to secure anything in the back to keep it in place, so sliding stuff has not been an issue, but I chose it more for dent protection, and ease of washing out over anything else.

joelb1

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Sierra SLT
I'm thinking about a DUALLINER, seems like the best of both worlds; hard plastic sides to protect sides & wheelwells and a thick rubber mat to protect the floor and prevent stuff sliding around (and also easy on the knees)...
Sponsored