• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Starkey bed lighting…anyone install these?

drewfaulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Cause I don’t have a scanner
I installed them, and it is a nice upgrade. It's a simple, 30 minute job (or less). There is a youtube video with installation instructions, but I will say I regret not waiting until someone figured out the OEM solution mentioned above. In order to use the Starkey kit, you have to open a door, press the bed light button on the dash, or hit "unlock" on your key fob every 20-30 seconds to keep the lights on. I wish I just had a button in the bed that I could press to turn them off and on like the OEM solution. From what I gather, a Forescan setup isn't too expensive, and you might find other uses for it over time, so I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor unless you just don't feel comfortable using it.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I installed them, and it is a nice upgrade. It's a simple, 30 minute job (or less). There is a youtube video with installation instructions, but I will say I regret not waiting until someone figured out the OEM solution mentioned above. In order to use the Starkey kit, you have to open a door, press the bed light button on the dash, or hit "unlock" on your key fob every 20-30 seconds to keep the lights on. I wish I just had a button in the bed that I could press to turn them off and on like the OEM solution. From what I gather, a Forescan setup isn't too expensive, and you might find other uses for it over time, so I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor unless you just don't feel comfortable using it.
Yep I ended up doing the oem setup. Forscan was pretty easy. I spent $35 on a dongle
Sponsored