• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

XLT OEM Bed Lights Install

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
Yes.

It shows up in my truck menu as well.

20230111_150704.jpg
20230111_150441.jpg
Can you confirm that the bending headlights, still work with these settings on? I just got my 23 SR Pro with Tow packages. gonna add the bed lamps b/c I too have the tonneau cover and want the lights in there. But also very interested in the Glare Free matrix update.

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Kia Niro Ev, '23 Avalanche Lightning XLT
Can you confirm that the bending headlights, still work with these settings on? I just got my 23 SR Pro with Tow packages. gonna add the bed lamps b/c I too have the tonneau cover and want the lights in there. But also very interested in the Glare Free matrix update.
Yes, they do.

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
23 Pro ER Max Tow here
Installed and changes made in forscan, no joy
Hoping we are just missing one additional setting. Would be a bummer to be missing a hardware part.

Sponsored

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
23 Pro ER Max Tow here
Installed and changes made in forscan, no joy
Hoping we are just missing one additional setting. Would be a bummer to be missing a hardware part.
From what I understand its less to do with misis g hardware and more that it's missing the zone lighting on base pros (without the tow tech package that includes it). Could be that they didn't put some sections of wire in with the tow tech package. Possibly similar to how some base pros don't have the wires for the front acc systems full throughout the line. I have tow tech package, including zone lighting and it was quick and easy.

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
From what I understand its less to do with misis g hardware and more that it's missing the zone lighting on base pros (without the tow tech package that includes it). Could be that they didn't put some sections of wire in with the tow tech package. Possibly similar to how some base pros don't have the wires for the front acc systems full throughout the line. I have tow tech package, including zone lighting and it was quick and easy.
Interestingly, mine was delivered with zone lighting in the app and on the Sync display, and it works from both. It activates front and rear (I don't have side lights yet, I do plan to try)

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Interestingly, mine was delivered with zone lighting in the app and on the Sync display, and it works from both. It activates front and rear (I don't have side lights yet, I do plan to try)
That stinks. I also have a 23 Pro without tow tech but with Zone Lighting. (I have max tow and Pro Power). I'm waiting for parts to arrive for the bed lights. I was hoping Zone Lighting would be the ticket. I'll let you know how it goes but now I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
I would double check all of your forscan changes and be exact. Most everyone has made an error or two and gone back and it works. But it may be something similar to those doing the acc installation where a middle part of the wiring harness from one junction to the next is simple left out. Could try and run the wires that are at the plugs in the back up to the control units up front and check for continuity. I'm guessing there's a wiring diagram that has the colors and locations for those plugs as they were just 3 or 4 wire plugs if I'm not mistaken.

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
I would double check all of your forscan changes and be exact. Most everyone has made an error or two and gone back and it works. But it may be something similar to those doing the acc installation where a middle part of the wiring harness from one junction to the next is simple left out. Could try and run the wires that are at the plugs in the back up to the control units up front and check for continuity. I'm guessing there's a wiring diagram that has the colors and locations for those plugs as they were just 3 or 4 wire plugs if I'm not mistaken.
Most likely failure point is me 😂
I found another thread with some forscan values, tonight I'll mess with it again and double check my work. My rain sensor activated in Sync but this morning it didn't seem to be functional. Not my day lol.

Sponsored
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
Confirming this did not work on my 23 Pro ER with Max Tow
I reset the modules to factory and tried again, no joy.
Also tried with a 4th value mentioned in the ICE forums: whitelightckt
None of this worked. If someone with a 23 Pro was able to get this working please PM me with your package data and VIN so I can compare the ASBUILT info. Thanks

Last edited:

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Confirming this did not work on my 23 Pro ER with Max Tow
I reset the modules to factory and tried again, no joy.
Also tried with a 4th value mentioned in the ICE forums: whitelightckt
None of this worked. If someone with a 23 Pro was able to get this working please PM me with your package data and VIN so I can compare the ASBUILT info. Thanks
Same boat here. Just installed bed lights and switch and could not get it to work on my Pro. I do have Zone Lighting, but no tow tech. I did the 3 FORscan changes in BdyCM. I would like to take a look at the wiring diagram with and without Tow Tech to see what we're missing.

bizz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe, Ford F250
Well i just found this thread because I saw a video on YouTube that said Pro’s only need zone lightning to enable this and well, unfortunately this is not true. I have zone lighting and made the 3 needed changes with Forscan and nothing works. Crazy they put the wiring in but it doesn’t work unless you have tow tech. Hopefully someone figures out how to make this happen on non tow tech trucks.

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Well i just found this thread because I saw a video on YouTube that said Pro’s only need zone lightning to enable this and well, unfortunately this is not true. I have zone lighting and made the 3 needed changes with Forscan and nothing works. Crazy they put the wiring in but it doesn’t work unless you have tow tech. Hopefully someone figures out how to make this happen on non tow tech trucks.
Long time follower of this issue as well. Tried the install, no tow tech, did not work. Hoping someone smarter comes along!!
Sponsored