• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Successfully Changed Dealer After Order Invite Received

ace-rockola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Lightning Lariat ER
Just an update to a previous thread for those who may be in a similar position.

My original reservation dealer added ADM after verbally saying they wouldn't. Also let someone skip me in line even though I was prioritized and then said Ford corporate did it, so I missed out on a '22 (and all the pricing and potential tax credit that came with it).

Finally got an order invite on 9/7/22. Spent the rest of September trying to get the dealership changed before I made the order. This was supposed to be through Ford customer service (like the website says you can do). Calling multiple times a week, getting told by Ford they are working on it, it's a problem with their ordering system, someone will call me back the next day, it has to be escalated, etc. It was extremely frustrating.

So much so that I emailed a bunch of Ford customer service executives which then got me a prompt response from someone who said they would help resolve it. Fast forward a couple more weeks with more calls with no updates.

Finally called yesterday (9/29) and they said it was done and I could make my order with the new dealership @Granger Ford

Long story short, there is hope if you are in a similar position. From what I understand, it's easy to switch before you get an invite to order but then once you get the invite it requires an act of God to fix it.

Terrible customer service by @Ford Motor Company but I'm glad to be done with the dealer and have a truck on order ('23 Lariat ER antimatter blue).

Good luck.
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Great news! Makes me very happy that I decided not to put my reservation in at Midway Ford and go with @Granger Ford

I really like the service department at Midway but have built up a strong distrust of the sales department which bothers me as I really wanted to buy a car from them due to my positive experience with the folks in service. Hopefully they go full-EV and kick the sales team to the side.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Just an update to a previous thread for those who may be in a similar position.

My original reservation dealer added ADM after verbally saying they wouldn't. Also let someone skip me in line even though I was prioritized and then said Ford corporate did it, so I missed out on a '22 (and all the pricing and potential tax credit that came with it).

Finally got an order invite on 9/7/22. Spent the rest of September trying to get the dealership changed before I made the order. This was supposed to be through Ford customer service (like the website says you can do). Calling multiple times a week, getting told by Ford they are working on it, it's a problem with their ordering system, someone will call me back the next day, it has to be escalated, etc. It was extremely frustrating.

So much so that I emailed a bunch of Ford customer service executives which then got me a prompt response from someone who said they would help resolve it. Fast forward a couple more weeks with more calls with no updates.

Finally called yesterday (9/29) and they said it was done and I could make my order with the new dealership @Granger Ford

Long story short, there is hope if you are in a similar position. From what I understand, it's easy to switch before you get an invite to order but then once you get the invite it requires an act of God to fix it.

Terrible customer service by @Ford Motor Company but I'm glad to be done with the dealer and have a truck on order ('23 Lariat ER antimatter blue).

Good luck.
Thank you for trusting us with the order!
Sponsored