• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Successfully Charging with TWO 30amp 120v outlets, for 240v power, at a campground...

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
(B) Disconnecting Means.

Each multi-wire branch circuit shall be provided with a means that will simultaneously disconnect all ungrounded conductors at the point where the branch circuit originates.

http://mjobee.com/projects&news/nec art 210.4.pdf
This is not a multi-wire branch circuit.

A multi-wire branch circuit is 2 independent 120V circuits with a shared neutral. They're typically used in homes where 2 independent circuits are needed to the same location, because you can run 12/3 instead of 2 different 12/2's.

So you're using the wrong code citation.

That said, if you want the code citations that address this, there are:

240.15(B): "Circuit breakers shall open ALL ungrounded conductors of the circuit both manually and automatically"
210.7 (requiring simultaneous disconnect of multiple branch circuits that supply devices or equipment)

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
In 2013 I built a 120v+120v=240v combiner using instructions off a nissan leaf forum. Doing it right includes relays that only energize anything once they see 240v. I don't recall the exact wiring. The good ones will cost over $100 at least or closer to $200.

In my case, I also wired in a digital voltimeter. Why? Any drop in voltage over about 3% indicates that some component of the rather Jerry rigged system is NOT capable of the amperage load you are putting on it. So if it reads 240v with no load and then drops below 232 with a load, I would know not to proceed with hours of charging. For instance.

I have never used the device. Tested several times. But never used in a "must work" situation.
Sponsored