• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sunrun only interested in HIS?

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I was first contacted by Sunrun almost a month ago about installing my HIS/Home charger. They were here doing a site inspection the next day. Then after giving me a quote for almost $11K to install a HIS I told them I only wanted the changer. Since then I have been asked every other day for the contract and have yet to get it.

Is anyone else having a problem getting them to respond when all you want is the charger?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I was first contacted by Sunrun almost a month ago about installing my HIS/Home charger. They were here doing a site inspection the next day. Then after giving me a quote for almost $11K to install a HIS I told them I only wanted the changer. Since then I have been asked every other day for the contract and have yet to get it.

Is anyone else having a problem getting them to respond when all you want is the charger?
Yes, lots of threads about issues with Sunrun. They are horrible to deal with.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes, once you tell them you don’t want HIS you will be ignored.

OP
OP
skattch

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
What's funny is fifteen minutes after posting this question (and another email to them) they finally responded and sent me the updated contract.

Now to see when they actually get started...

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lighting Platinum
I've called and e-mailed through their contact app on the webpage. No response for almost a month. I went into Home Depot earlier this week and there was a booth with a sales person selling solar. I setup an appointment to have someone call me, later that day. When they called they wanted to schedule an appointment to survey for a Solar system. I said I am not interested in Solar, just the HIS system to go with my Charger Pro (Already Installed). They said they don't do that and it's a different group. Gave me a 1800 number and said literally (good luck). I've called twice and cannot get through. I've talked to Ford later this week and expressed my disappointment in putting this company as the only path to the HIS. SunRun clearly has an agenda and it's not helping Ford customers get Ford Products. I love my truck and have no regrets but would love to use the automatic power backup.
Sponsored