• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

*Confirmed Bug* Sunrun says HIS will cost me $109k installed...

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
I think there's something wrong with their system but I got the email about installing my charger ($1600 to install!) and then I selected I was interested in the HIS. My total jumped above 109k. I did set up an appointment to talk to them on Thursday ;)

Ford F-150 Lightning *Confirmed Bug* Sunrun says HIS will cost me $109k installed... 1651535529359
Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Lightning included?

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I have two electric chargers at my house already. One inside my wife's garage and one on the outside of the house. The one inside is a 40 amp charger and the one outside is a 60 amp charger. I'm having a guy come and move the 60 amp inside the garage and rewire the outside line for the 80 amp charger. It's going to save me a whole lot of money than having Sunrun coming and go it. So when my 80 amp charger comes in, I can just install it myself and turn the breaker on.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I have two electric chargers at my house already. One inside my wife's garage and one on the outside of the house. The one inside is a 40 amp charger and the one outside is a 60 amp charger. I'm having a guy come and move the 60 amp inside the garage and rewire the outside line for the 80 amp charger. It's going to save me a whole lot of money than having Sunrun coming and go it. So when my 80 amp charger comes in, I can just install it myself and turn the breaker on.
I’m most impressed that your wife has her own garage! 😂

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I’m most impressed that your wife has her own garage! 😂
Haha, we had our house built with 2 so she can have her own and not put all of her shit in mine that I like to do stuff out of.

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
Haha, we had our house built with 2 so she can have her own and not per all of her shit in mine that I like to do stuff out of.
Ford F-150 Lightning *Confirmed Bug* Sunrun says HIS will cost me $109k installed... IMG_20220502_205335

This forum is such a different vibe compared to the Rivian forums...

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
IMG_20220502_205335.gif

This forum is such a different vibe compared to the Rivian forums...
I hope that's a good thing that we are different. What's going on at the Rivian forums?

Sponsored
OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
We just moved to a new piece of property. 10 garage bays in 3 separate garages ;) Two of the garages have a dedicated 100 amp service and a small apartment that my kid is going to. I just had a 60amp line run for my wife's Chargepoint Flex (Ioniq 5 charger) and had them run it in inch and a half conduit so they could pull the 100amp line for my Ford charger when it gets here. I'm very very unlikely to do the HIS system (109k or not) because I'm ok just using 30amps out of the bed for a few things for that apartment. I do need to get the service upgraded to 200amps (already have the quote) and to get a Generac 6852 in for the apartment subpanel.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I already have solar panels and two inverters for the solar panels. I'm not investing any more damn money into that stuff. I've only lost power here once for more than an hour in 4 years, so if it happens again I'll just use plugs. It just doesn't seem worth it, even at the $4,000 price tag since I don't have power outages very often.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I already have solar panels and two inverters for the solar panels. I'm not investing any more damn money into that stuff. I've only lost power here once for more than an hour in 4 years, so if it happens again I'll just use plugs. It just doesn't seem worth it, even at the $4,000 price tag since I don't have power outages very often.
We’ve lived in our current home 23 years. Only one time has our power been out for more than an hour. I can’t even justify buying a $600 Harbor Freight generator! 😀

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
We’ve lived in our current home 23 years. Only one time has our power been out for more than an hour. I can’t even justify buying a $600 Harbor Freight generator! 😀
That's the wrong analysis. Have you ever utilized a life insurance policy? :p

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
So you are due... Better get it fast.
Sponsored