• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
I also am waiting for the Enphase gateway. I signed up to be a test site.
Can you share how you signed up to become a test site? I also have an enphase system and would see significant benefits from being able to limit peak grid usage with everything in our house except the water heater being electric.
Sponsored

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Can you share how you signed up to become a test site? I also have an enphase system and would see significant benefits from being able to limit peak grid usage with everything in our house except the water heater being electric.
When the press release came out, I phoned the contact on the release.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Having owned a 800V charging EV (Ioniq 5) it’s only fast if you arrive with a low SOC, have a functioning 350kW charger, charge only to 80%, and have ideal temps. It will thermal throttle above 80% using a 350kW. Charging over 80% SOC 800V architecture seems to have no advantage. I much prefer a flat steady charging curve that goes deeper into the pack.
Almost all (all that I'm aware of) EVs throttle significantly above 80%. My Lightning throttles back to around 60kw at 80%. It's not an 800V architecture problem.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
Almost all (all that I'm aware of) EVs throttle significantly above 80%. My Lightning throttles back to around 60kw at 80%. It's not an 800V architecture problem.
I owned an Ioniq 5 and charged it many times at EA using a 350kW charger. It would drop to 4-5kW at 80% for 2-3 mins before ramping back up. If charging on a 150kW charger that doesn’t happen. Not every EV is as affected at 80%, it depends upon the charging curve and rate. If it’s too aggressive in the beginning, the end suffers. The Tesla Model 3 LFP has a nice flat curve up to 90% before tapering to 60kW. My lightning SR will not DCFC over 90% without a failed charge/error. That might’ve changed with the new update!

Last edited:

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Going to be hard for me to justify a $110,000 Lariat Lightning vs. ponying up the extra $17,000 for an RST Silverado... that range improvement is significant, IMO.
Sponsored