• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tow Mirrors w/ 360 Camera

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Ford accessories shop has these: https://accessories.ford.com/products/f-150-2021-black-trailer-tow-mirrors

Thinking these will fit the Lightning that has POWER MIRRORS, MANUAL FOLD, BLIS, and 360 CAMERA. However I see the 360 camera is in a different location on these vs the standard mirrors. I imagine that would cause a problem with the image stitching. Do we know what the options for Tow Mirrors are yet? Is this it?

Maybe another issue. The factory mirrors don't have turn signals and these tow mirrors do.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ford accessories shop has these: https://accessories.ford.com/products/f-150-2021-black-trailer-tow-mirrors

Thinking these will fit the Lightning that has POWER MIRRORS, MANUAL FOLD, BLIS, and 360 CAMERA. However I see the 360 camera is in a different location on these vs the standard mirrors. I imagine that would cause a problem with the image stitching. Do we know what the options for Tow Mirrors are yet? Is this it?

Maybe another issue. The factory mirrors don't have turn signals and these tow mirrors do.
I absolutely love these mirrors!

I don't tow, but always wanted the 2 part mirror, better wrap around view from the side and less blind spots.

Unfortunately the power fold feature will not work on these.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Can you confirm the power mirrors fold in with these?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I put those mirrors on my lightning. No problems with the cameras ect. Plug and play. $100 cheaper from a ford dealer on ebay.

KIMG0454.JPG
I have an opportunity to trade for a set with the power extending function, including the switch. Based on the cap, I don't think yours are power folding. But just in case, did yours have the wiring beneath the window switch bezel?

Pulled mine apart but I'm not seeing the wires. I'm not sure if they're tucked in somewhere else. Next step is I need to pull the door panel to take a look around to see if I need a new harness entirely or hopefully the plug is already there and I'm just not seeing it. @Pioneer74 or @Ford Senior Master not sure if either of you might know that it might save me the trouble, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tow Mirrors w/ 360 Camera IMG_3704

Ford F-150 Lightning Tow Mirrors w/ 360 Camera IMG_3705

Sponsored

Emiranda25

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I put those mirrors on my lightning. No problems with the cameras ect. Plug and play. $100 cheaper from a ford dealer on ebay.

KIMG0454.JPG
Hi there. I also installed the same mirrors. Everything seems to be working correctly besides the adjustment for up and right for both mirrors. Down and left work though. Did you have the same problem?
Ford F-150 Lightning Tow Mirrors w/ 360 Camera IMG_0771

Galaxidan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
30 Model A,
I had no problems, maybe check that you got the connection tight?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Hi there. I also installed the same mirrors. Everything seems to be working correctly besides the adjustment for up and right for both mirrors. Down and left work though. Did you have the same problem?
IMG_0771.jpeg
I got the power telescoping ones I didn’t have any issues with my glass adjustments. I did need to recalibrate the mirrors though
Ford F-150 Lightning Tow Mirrors w/ 360 Camera IMG_4045

Ford F-150 Lightning Tow Mirrors w/ 360 Camera IMG_4040

Sponsored
OP
OP
GunRack

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I got the power telescoping ones I didn’t have any issues with my glass adjustments. I did need to recalibrate the mirrors though
IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg
By recalibrating you mean you used forscan or did you have the dealer do it? And after recalibrating are your 360 cameras back to normal or did you still notice any difference?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
By recalibrating you mean you used forscan or did you have the dealer do it? And after recalibrating are your 360 cameras back to normal or did you still notice any difference?
I used FORSCAN lite to do it and it went back to normal but then I swapped back to normal mirrors and now they’re out of whack again, so I need to recalibrate again

falcatum

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER
Is there an alternate wiring harness available, wiring diagram, or solution to add the power telescope? I don't have the plug in the door either. All other features seem to work fine, although the cameras need to be calibrated. Anyone know which plug this is? Maybe a pigtail part number?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Ok why swap back?
Long distance road trips where I wasn't towing a trailer. Smaller mirrors = less drag = more range. I did it a couple of times, it didn't make a large enough impact for me to continue doing it and I've since kept the tow mirrors on.
Sponsored