• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Got my camera mounted, ran the wiring forward and mounted the TPMS module in the A-frame. A bit tedious and definitely use plenty of zip ties and wire loom tape to ensure the harness is secure and protected from chafe points, but there is nothing really technically complex if you're not too handy.

Then took my camper over to a local trailer place to have the TPMS sensors mounted.

After that programming was a piece of cake once I figured out that the instructions were wrong. It doesn't automatically appear, you've gotta make sure you have "Trailer Tire Pressure" selected as one of your My View panels. Once you do, you select it and then connect your Trailer 7-Pin and Ford accessory harness, the programming menu comes up. Then just proceed to bleed the left until the horn honks once, then the right until the same. If you have two axles, just look at the instrumental panel to see which tire to bleed, which is indicated with a small triangle.

The camera is kinda potato quality, but not much worse than the factory backup camera, which I rarely use. Still, very nice to have natively within the Sync 4A UI, for what is otherwise a 100% blindspot. The TPMS is great and shows not just pressure, but individual tire temperature. Very useful for a trailer!

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Trailer Camera and TPMS works great! 20240416_174410

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Trailer Camera and TPMS works great! 20240331_212301
Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I looked on Ford's website & cannot find this available from Ford anymore. Has this been discontinued?
I would like to set this up with my camper.

OP
OP
ctuan13

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There's F150 specific kits, but they seem to be on backorder or just generally harder to find. The F-250 Kits seem to be readily accessible, especially on eBay.

The "F" kit is the camera only kit that you're looking for.

"A" is Cam + TPMS w/ Yaw Prep
"B" is TPMS w/ Yaw Prep
"C" is Cam w/ Yaw Prep
"D" is Cam + TPMS w/o Yaw Prep
"E" is TPMS w/o yaw Prep
"F" is Cam w/o yaw Prep

For reference the F-150 specific part number is ML3Z-1A189-F. The part number is the same being "1A189" and the lettering schemes are the same to indicate which kit. It's just the first 3 digits of LC3 vs ML3 that are different that differs for F-150 vs F-250. Either kit will work with our truck, I used the F-250 kit myself (LC3Z-1A189-A) as I was able to source it for half the price of the F-150 kit.

I'll add these to the main post as well.
Thanks to @Yellow Buddy for his original post on the subject, but here's some info on finding the kits, just plug in the F250 part number for the kit you're looking for on ebay and you should be able to find what you need!

I got the "D" kit with just TPMS and Cam since my trailer is 16ft total length and I have no need for the yaw prep kit.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Got my camera mounted, ran the wiring forward and mounted the TPMS module in the A-frame. A bit tedious and definitely use plenty of zip ties and wire loom tape to ensure the harness is secure and protected from chafe points, but there is nothing really technically complex if you're not too handy.

Then took my camper over to a local trailer place to have the TPMS sensors mounted.

After that programming was a piece of cake once I figured out that the instructions were wrong. It doesn't automatically appear, you've gotta make sure you have "Trailer Tire Pressure" selected as one of your My View panels. Once you do, you select it and then connect your Trailer 7-Pin and Ford accessory harness, the programming menu comes up. Then just proceed to bleed the left until the horn honks once, then the right until the same. If you have two axles, just look at the instrumental panel to see which tire to bleed, which is indicated with a small triangle.

The camera is kinda potato quality, but not much worse than the factory backup camera, which I rarely use. Still, very nice to have natively within the Sync 4A UI, for what is otherwise a 100% blindspot. The TPMS is great and shows not just pressure, but individual tire temperature. Very useful for a trailer!

20240416_174410.jpg

20240331_212301.jpg
It makes towing so much easier. I no longer needed my iPad up on the windshield with a wireless cam that would cut in and out. Just pull it up on the mains screen. Thinking of actually getting rid of my tow mirrors and just rely on the camera now.

Link to my installation post as well:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-instructions-part-numbers.16754/#post-337826

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I lost my spotter to cancer so now need to be able to back into spots without that help. The camera will be of great help.

It makes towing so much easier. I no longer needed my iPad up on the windshield with a wireless cam that would cut in and out. Just pull it up on the mains screen. Thinking of actually getting rid of my tow mirrors and just rely on the camera now.

Link to my installation post as well:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-instructions-part-numbers.16754/#post-337826

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
I lost my spotter to cancer so now need to be able to back into spots without that help. The camera will be of great help.
My spotter likes to yell left and right without any consideration for which way they’re facing and has never once said stop. My backup camera has allowed me to stay married to my spotter.

I’m sorry to hear about yours.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thanks. I had my share of that also. 😊[

QUOTE="Yellow Buddy, post: 385135, member: 10342"]
My spotter likes to yell left and right without any consideration for which way they’re facing and has never once said stop. My backup camera has allowed me to stay married to my spotter.

I’m sorry to hear about yours.
[/QUOTE]

Rockyl32

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 lightning pro
Occupation
Pilot
Trying to come up with a way to mount the camera on our boat trailer.

OP
OP
ctuan13

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ahh yeah I can imagine it'd be a bit tricky on a boat trailer. Maybe some sort of removable pole mount at the rear of the trailer?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Pick up a set of boat trailer guides. Run the wires inside the PVC pipe and drill into it to mount the camera. It’ll be off center obviously but will still give you visibility.

https://a.co/d/6VLlQPL
Sponsored