• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Just going off this sticker and some assumptions:
  • Towing capacity is assuming 150lbs for driver.
  • 1723 - 150 = 1573lbs if this is your max capacity of your truck after you add a driver.
  • Towing you put 10-15% of the total weight towing onto the tongue. Lets assume 10%
  • Towing chart says 13,900lbs for your configuration with 53C so 1,390lbs tongue weight.
Summary: I your loading sticker indicates that you can place 1,723 lbs into your truck. Assuming you are towing alone and only weigh 150lbs you are well below the max tow rating IF your tongue weight is only 1,390 lbs. (WITH LOAD DISTRIBUTION) <--- This part really chaps my ass because you can't put more than 500 lbs without load distribution on the factory IV hitches. I bought a CURT aftermarket for my 2018 so I could have more tongue weight without weight distribution, the truck looked stupid with two hitches.

Disclaimer: I still don't fully understand why FORD doesn't put GCVWR on these trucks, so I can't say "you're good" its just the calculations I ran that said I think you're good.
It's payload, not towing capacity (probably what you meant to say). Like you pointed out hitch weight adds to the payload. I would calculate 12.5% of the GVWR to get an average. You should also add any accessories, IE: bedliner, bed mat, gear in bed, rubber truck mats, tonneau cover...etc to the payload. Also add the weight of the distribution hitch or any hitch you have on there. Weight distribution hitches weigh anywhere from 50-100 lbs. Want to lighten the hitch weight? Buy a lithium battery if your battery is on the tongue.
Sponsored

precab

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Fiber infrastructure
This is helpful. That said, in the other thread - @Roger350 brought up the upgraded / stronger rear axle that's not listed in the table or elsewhere... So, there are omissions here in the data available...
I was thinking the same. All the internet posts about a heavier axle is not true per this chart? We do know more leaf springs are on the max tow and this is not in the chart either. I opted to avoid Max for the standard since my trailer is only 5k lbs and I'm hopeful it will have saved $1k from the max cost.....time will tell. PB arrives in 3 weeks being built now

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I was thinking the same. All the internet posts about a heavier axle is not true per this chart? We do know more leaf springs are on the max tow and this is not in the chart either. I opted to avoid Max for the standard since my trailer is only 5k lbs and I'm hopeful it will have saved $1k from the max cost.....time will tell. PB arrives in 3 weeks being built now
Most PB forum members concur: Trailer Tow instead of Max Trailer Tow (unless you enjoy spending $1K w/o much in return). If you truly need to pull >11k-lbs, get a Super Duty!
Sponsored