• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trade In Offers at Granger Ford

ace-rockola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Lightning Lariat ER
I know there's lots of people on here who have worked with @Granger Ford for their order. I have a Lariat ER in transit right now with a delivery estimate of this week (already pushed back one week).

I emailed with them about a trade offer for a '16 Honda CR-V. They offered $14k. Multiple dealers near me (Minnesota) have given written offers for $17,500. I feel like they went really low with their offer and were not interested in further negotiations.

We live a few hours away in another state and will be driving down to pick it up. Ideally we trade in there and drive one car back together. There's also the reduced sales tax factor with a trade.

Does anyone have any experience with trading in during your purchase @Granger Ford ? Just wondering if maybe they aren't interested in non-Ford trades or if the market is just that different there?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The used car market everywhere has taken a big dump. Part of dealing with a dealer that treats you good on the sale, is many times you don't get quite what you want for the trade. Most all dealers make it one way or the other. You're probably better off selling your car where you are and taking that $3500. You'll lose about $1000 of it on taxes if you are in a state that reduces sell value by the trade amount. If they don't, then you don't lose anything and you pocket the $3500.

Reactions: s_c

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Check to see if Granger will even be be charging you sales tax or registering your vehicle in Iowa. I would guess since you are out of state they may just give you a tempoary tag and send you on your way. They won't charge sales tax so there is no offset on the trade to give you.

When I researched buying a vehicle out of state here in Texas you pay sales tax when you register the vehicle. You are allowed at that time to reduce the tax burden based on any trade-in and tax paid to another state. You have to present the sales contract to show proof of all these numbers.

Basically here the dealer handles all that when you buy (the registration, collection of sales tax etc.). That's why they charge a deputy fee. They are acting as agents of the county tax office. The bonus is that you pick up your permanent plates at the dealer in 30 seconds instead of waiting 1 hour at the County tax office.

You need to research Minnesota policy (I assume that is where you will register based on your profile).

Sponsored

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
What does a CRV retail for in Iowa v Minnesota?

N0v0w3ls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Used CR-V still seem to be going for heavily inflated prices. I traded in a 17 CR-V EX-L on my lightning and got $19.k for it with over 60k miles that needed tires. The new are still in shorter supply near me.

I looked at Granger's website and they were listing a used 17 with 65k for $23.5k which seems crazy but implies there is some kind of market for them. Why not drive the CR-V there when you go to take delivery and be up front and be ready to drive it back and sell it to one of your local dealers for the 17k. You'd come out ahead of trading it for 14k, but better to get 17k and a save some sales tax.
Sponsored