• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

trip report time from the far north, y'all!

psiphre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
computer guy
Trip report time! full disclosure this is crossposted from the f150 ev lightning "owners only" facebook group. so if you saw it there, it's the same here but with slightly different formatting& a little updated verbiage!

A buddy of mine had a trailer full of “projects” to move from point A to point B, about 8 miles away. I said, "why burn diesel when you could burn electrons instead?" And he couldn’t find any argument against my flawless logic. Now that isn’t very far, but it was my first time towing with the (2023 ER, tow package) lightning so I charged to 90% last night. That’ll be important later.

I got to point A and we hooked up the trailer. I was surprised to see the trailer config screen! But I put in all the info and the truck automatically adjusted its range estimate on the guess-o-meter! How cool. It’s pretty chilly up here in Alaska and it’s a big trailer, so it gave me 165 miles from a full charge. Not bad!

Of course the truck towed like a dream, barely could even tell that she was hooked to a trailer. We towed to point B, about 8 miles away (GOM 120), dropped it off and moved on to the next order of business: changing minds. See, a guy I know who’s been driving a Tesla has been thinking about upgrading to a Lightning, so what better way to give him a push than to let the truck sell itself? We went to pick him up, let him drive around a little bit in sport mode, and dropped him off. Finances are tough but I think there was a little crack. (GOM 112)

We all retired to point A to do a little chorin’ when we got an emergency call. A girl we know was stranded on a parking lot about 25 miles away. So we headed back to point B, cleared the trailer and hitched back up, and hit the road. (GOM with the trailer reattached 91)

Nothing to do but tow her gmc 2500 home! (GOM 50) This leg was a pretty significant hit on range, and with the significantly heavier load the truck DEFINITELY felt it. But I kept the speed low, 55ish, and one eye on the thermals, and we were home not too much later (GOM 40). she did criticize how much i spent on the truck and, hurtfully, called it a "pavement princess", but she was emotionally distressed from having car trouble and i let slide the fact that my "pavement princess" just towed her rig home...

anyway back to the truck stuff! “One last thing”, says the buddy, “I need a couple sheets of plywood”. So that’s right, a trip to the hardware store! Where one of the employees took a minute to chat about the truck while we strapped the load down. Pretty standard stuff like payload and range capabilities, how I like it so far, etc. he said he wants one!

Anyway, back home. It didn’t occur to me to take a pic with him muggin' the cam until we had offloaded one, but so it goes.
By this point the truck was getting pretty low on juice(GOM 30), so I decided to head home. Rolled into my garage with 21 miles left, just before it would have started to freak out about lack of range.

I bought this truck to do truck stuff and she really delivered. GO lightning!

Stay charged, friends o7
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Trip report time! full disclosure this is crossposted from the f150 ev lightning "owners only" facebook group. so if you saw it there, it's the same here but with slightly different formatting& a little updated verbiage!

A buddy of mine had a trailer full of “projects” to move from point A to point B, about 8 miles away. I said, "why burn diesel when you could burn electrons instead?" And he couldn’t find any argument against my flawless logic. Now that isn’t very far, but it was my first time towing with the (2023 ER, tow package) lightning so I charged to 90% last night. That’ll be important later.

I got to point A and we hooked up the trailer. I was surprised to see the trailer config screen! But I put in all the info and the truck automatically adjusted its range estimate on the guess-o-meter! How cool. It’s pretty chilly up here in Alaska and it’s a big trailer, so it gave me 165 miles from a full charge. Not bad!

Of course the truck towed like a dream, barely could even tell that she was hooked to a trailer. We towed to point B, about 8 miles away (GOM 120), dropped it off and moved on to the next order of business: changing minds. See, a guy I know who’s been driving a Tesla has been thinking about upgrading to a Lightning, so what better way to give him a push than to let the truck sell itself? We went to pick him up, let him drive around a little bit in sport mode, and dropped him off. Finances are tough but I think there was a little crack. (GOM 112)

We all retired to point A to do a little chorin’ when we got an emergency call. A girl we know was stranded on a parking lot about 25 miles away. So we headed back to point B, cleared the trailer and hitched back up, and hit the road. (GOM with the trailer reattached 91)

Nothing to do but tow her gmc 2500 home! (GOM 50) This leg was a pretty significant hit on range, and with the significantly heavier load the truck DEFINITELY felt it. But I kept the speed low, 55ish, and one eye on the thermals, and we were home not too much later (GOM 40). she did criticize how much i spent on the truck and, hurtfully, called it a "pavement princess", but she was emotionally distressed from having car trouble and i let slide the fact that my "pavement princess" just towed her rig home...

anyway back to the truck stuff! “One last thing”, says the buddy, “I need a couple sheets of plywood”. So that’s right, a trip to the hardware store! Where one of the employees took a minute to chat about the truck while we strapped the load down. Pretty standard stuff like payload and range capabilities, how I like it so far, etc. he said he wants one!

Anyway, back home. It didn’t occur to me to take a pic with him muggin' the cam until we had offloaded one, but so it goes.
By this point the truck was getting pretty low on juice(GOM 30), so I decided to head home. Rolled into my garage with 21 miles left, just before it would have started to freak out about lack of range.

I bought this truck to do truck stuff and she really delivered. GO lightning!

Stay charged, friends o7
So you bailed her ass out and she responded by dissing your truck? Just be thankful she’s not your wife! 😂

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Awesome towing report, looks like you have convinced a few new adopters and put a crack in the skeptical.
Sponsored