• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

<TSB> Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Ford put this out last night. Looks like we have to wait until at least June to get this fixed.
Ford F-150 Lightning <TSB> Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022 1678462743567
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ford put this out last night. Looks like we have to wait until at least June to get this fixed.
1678462743567.png
For what it's worth...

I had the TSB done and I still had FordPass issues. I know some people at Ford are investigating my truck and what happened with the TSB.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Yeah, that's fine. My frustration is that there was no clear communication on whether the TSB should be done or not. I took my truck in on Wednesday and they said they couldn't do it but referenced the SSM for the ICE trucks. At least it is clear now. The TSB required a check of the LVB and since they didn't do that I took it back today because my LVB never gets above 60% SOC. I'm also getting the lane centering TSB done

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
1678462743567.png
Great.. well I guess I’ll cancel my appt then. I was supposed to go in March 20th.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Great.. well I guess I’ll cancel my appt then. I was supposed to go in March 20th.
If I were you I would wait to cancel. In my other thread about this there is a comment that it might come sooner than June.

Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
If I were you I would wait to cancel. In my other thread about this there is a comment that it might come sooner than June.
I have to go in to get an accessory installed so I’ll talk to them and see what is up. It seems dates are changing frequently with this issue.

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Antimatter Blue with bed liner
Occupation
Law
This is a confused mess. Oddly, Ford should be and probably is aware of this issue from the data analytics (data is uploaded from vehicles to the mothership) it received from all the Lightnings build from around November 2022 to February, 2023, which seems to be the period of time that built vehicles are suffering this issue. It's a guess, but based on the history in the forum that a batch of bad modems were put in these Lightnings and rather than replace, they are trying hard to find a software solution. I'm not suggesting that is a bad approach, but they should just tell us, so we know rather than struggling with fuse 32 or cable pulls every week, or worse making efforts to schedule dealer service calls, which we all dread and know is not likely to solve the problem.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Still take it in, for the sake of getting the issue on record. Mine was diagnosed as needing a new telematics unit. The TSB was actually published while they had my truck in that first time, and they chose not to perform it, instead waiting for the telematics unit. Which is back ordered with no eta still (as of yesterday).

It is not my desire to Lemon Law mine. I really love the truck aside from these few issues I've had. But after going through the LL process for a previous vehicle because of unavailability of a replacement battery under warranty (for 6+ months)... Let's just say I have learned to start the clock.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
So my truck just spent another day at the shop and they didn’t touch it. It amazes me how much effort Ford and the dealers put into finding ways to avoid fixing problems. I asked them to go ahead and take care of the new TSB for the lane centering but they have to “diagnose” it first. A technician, who probably has little or no experience with Blue Cruise or lane centering is supposed to drive it and see if it has the problem before they can update the software. My truck has out of date software and I just want to get it upgraded without having to spend $500 and getting FDRS and doing it my damn self!

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
they have to “diagnose” it first
Pro-tip: Go to the TSB, find the section that describes the symptoms that trigger the TSB to apply. When you drop off, list those items as the "customer states:" problems list (assuming they do actually apply).

So for example, for 23-2050, in the list of conditions:

Inoperative fordpass application
Inoperative remote start
Inoperative remote lock and unlock

I learned this myself, after taking my truck in with as much detail as I could provide. I quickly found out that giving them too much detail is apparently unwelcome. After a few conversations with unnamed persons, what I found out was this: If you want something done (under warranty, specifically), there needs to be succinct line items that translate to billable time for the dealer to invoice Ford for. Now that I know that, I handle my service interactions completely differently.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MidniteMayor

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
So my truck just spent another day at the shop and they didn’t touch it. It amazes me how much effort Ford and the dealers put into finding ways to avoid fixing problems. I asked them to go ahead and take care of the new TSB for the lane centering but they have to “diagnose” it first. A technician, who probably has little or no experience with Blue Cruise or lane centering is supposed to drive it and see if it has the problem before they can update the software. My truck has out of date software and I just want to get it upgraded without having to spend $500 and getting FDRS and doing it my damn self!
And the TSB says it is preferred to do the testing/diagnosing at 70 MPH...

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This is the most absurd thing. Ford knows its a problem, the deal is they should have already started pushing the SW to us. This shows you that the failures lie at every part of the company from Farley down. He has done little to show he can execute on his grand plans. They fail at the dealer level with their stupid testing that they can't get around to for weeks. It's SW - APPLY IT - over the air - leave the dealer out of the mix. Fix our trucks. Just do it.

OP
OP
MidniteMayor

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
UPDATE #3:
I am happy to report that I am approaching 2 weeks (which is about twice the mean time to failure of ~4 days previously) post the updates for the TSB and no issues to report . The truck & Ford Pass are operating as expected
UPDATE #4:
Unfortunately, last night the gremlins in the system returned and my truck lost connectivity again along with Ford Pass sync & features not working. I let it sit overnight on the off chance it was some other Ford Pass issue but no such luck. Tonight, I pulled fuse 32 like I had done in the past and it restored connectivity & Ford Pass functionality.

It looks like Ford has replaced the original TSB with the below SSM which indicates OTA Ford Power-Up in April 2023 as the next attempt to resolve the issue.

SSM 51431 2023 F-150/Bronco - Inoperative FordPass App, Remote Start And/Or Remote Lock/Unlock
Some 2023 F-150 vehicles built on or before 28-Feb-2023 at Kansas City Assembly Plant or 07-Mar-2023 at Dearborn Truck Plant, 2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles built on or before 13-Dec-2022, and 2023 Bronco vehicles may experience inoperative remote start and/or remote lock and unlock through FordPass. Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) U0146:09 may be stored in the telematics control unit (TCU), and U2402:00 and/or U2402:92 may be stored in the gateway module (GWM). Inform the customer they can continue to drive the vehicle. A solution is planned for deployment via Ford Power-Up software updates delivered over-the-air (OTA) beginning April 2023. Software will update automatically on vehicles connected to FordPass. Monitor OASIS for additional updates. Schedule an appointment in April 2023 for customers that are not connected to FordPass once the repair is available.

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
It looks like Ford has replaced the original TSB with the below SSM which indicates OTA Ford Power-Up in April 2023 as the next attempt to resolve the issue.
The SSM is not for Lightning, it is for all other F150s.

HOWEVER the TSB is currently on hold due to technical issues on the backend

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
MidniteMayor

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
The SSM is not for Lightning, it is for all other F150s.

HOWEVER the TSB is currently on hold due to technical issues on the backend
I see. They really should correct the documentation for SSM 51431 then as it shows up when I query at https://www.ford.com/support/service-information/ using my VIN and specifically calls out "F-150 Lightning vehicles built on or before 13-Dec-2022" in the body of the article. The title of the SSM doesn't list Lightning which tracks with what you are indicating.

The TSB I referenced in starting this thread used to show up in the service information query but now doesn't. It is unclear if it is because I was able to get the updates for the TSB before the latest backend issues or if they pulled it to reduce customers requesting it while they fix the infrastructure issues. I am guessing it more likely the latter.
Sponsored