• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Underseat storage dimensions

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
Can anyone give me an idea of the dimensions of the under-seat storage compartment on the Lariat? Looking particularly for the Depth, and the width front to back. It looks like it is one big undivided compartment, yes? I've cleaned out my Subaru in prep to sell it, and want to get some plastic boxes to organize stuff that I like to keep in the car. But, I want to make sure it will fit in the under-seat storage area. I usually get these Sterilite clip boxes to organize stuff: https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm...orrect~normalisation&searchTermRaw=clip+boxes. Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Its not perfectly rectangular and there are a lot of ridges and grooves for the collapsible part. But generally I measured depth at 8.5" front, 4.5" back; 10" front to back, maybe an inch less on the floor because of the slope. The seat does not rest right on top of the plastic so you may gain another inch or so in height. The box you linked may be too large in the front-back width but it is also sloped so maybe?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Also there is a foldout divider that partitions the compartment right at the 60/40 split. And there is quite a bit of space behind it to store small things like rope and straps, hitches, umbrellas, etc.
Ford F-150 Lightning Underseat storage dimensions 20221109_003519225_iOS

OP
OP

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
Thanks that is helpful, I may have to just wait and throw all the stuff in a box until it gets here given that the space isn't particularly uniform

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks that is helpful, I may have to just wait and throw all the stuff in a box until it gets here given that the space isn't particularly uniform
Did you end up finding a solution after getting your truck?

I've got two car seats in the back, so using the fold up divider that's built in isn't practical day-to-day. I've been looking at under seat storage bags, like this one, but it looks too tall for this space when the divider is folded down.
Sponsored