• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Dimensions

nicka33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Hi all,

Waiting to receive my Lightning and I’m trying to reorganize the garage to make it fit.

Does anyone have the dimension from the ground to the top of the hood? I can’t seem to find this anywhere. I need to make sure the nose of the truck fits under some cabinetry. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat

Stephen8810

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2023 Lightning Lariat with stock wheels and tires. I’m looking at around approx 50” height at front of the hood and approx 53” toward the windshield. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

nicka33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I have a 2023 Lightning Lariat with stock wheels and tires. I’m looking at around approx 50” height at front of the hood and approx 53” toward the windshield. Hope that helps.
Thank you!!

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
A wood frame? Measuring tape wouldn't tell you a foot?

Crullbri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Semi Retired, Part time Handyman
Keep in mind if you ever want to load the FRUNK while in the garage, you need the height. I had to raise my ceiling hanging racks so the FRUNK would not hit.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
A wood frame? Measuring tape wouldn't tell you a foot?
I wanted to see if I could park at an angle in my 2 car garage. I figured out I technically could, but it would be tight and not easy. Decided the driveway was the way to go. Built the frame (very basic) with spare wood I already had in my garage

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Sorry to hear that.

When I was buying out first house long ago, to me housing the vehicle's in the garage was an absolute requirement. I was done with the weather beating the hell out of them and cleaning off snow.

When we bought the F-150 in 2013, I wanted a SuperCrew but wanted a 6.5' bed. Couldn't do both, so got a SuperCab.

When we got the Lightning, it went outside. For 7 months I watched the weather beat on it, trails of water down the sides. Was glad when I finally found someone that would pay my asking price.

If we had another garage, I would probably have another vehicle, UT without the space, nope.

I have neighbors that have their vehicles outside with their garage full of exercise equipment, etc. I don't get it.

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Here is the one I used before buying: https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/here-are-all-the-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-specs/

I hope it fits in your garage. I found the dimensions online and built a wood frame for the length and width to test it in my garage. I am about a foot short, but I bought it anyways and park in the driveway.
A foot I could accept.. I'm 1 inch short even after cutting into the wall to fit the bumper (no I actually didn't do that but measured what I would get in hope I could squeeze it in)..
Sponsored