• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Update failing again, 6.8.0, tired of this!

kensiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER 2022
Happened also last summer, could not update. I've wanted SOC on main screen for a while now and I could never get the update.

Last summer I would constantly receive notifications on my phone that the update failed. I ended up disabling the update schedule for a few months and when I turned it back on I could get some more update installed but not the one that I wanted.

Now it's back to failing again but I don't have a notification on my phone when this happens. I tried the update now button and this is what it does:

Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
One of my recent updates kept getting interrupted and would not load. Finally saw the reason - I keep my headlights on automatic and apparently that was the cause. Once I turned them to off position the update was no longer interrupted.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Take it to the dealer.

Since you turned off updates, some updates will have timed out and been removed from the queue.

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
One of my recent updates kept getting interrupted and would not load. Finally saw the reason - I keep my headlights on automatic and apparently that was the cause. Once I turned them to off position the update was no longer interrupted.
Which trim do you have? My Lariat is software switched. So while there is a dial, when I turn off the headlights, turning on the truck automatically puts the headlight mode back to on.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
'22 Lariat ER - dial knob to the top of the four options for the headlights for off

Sponsored

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
'22 Lariat ER - dial knob to the top of the four options for the headlights for off
I can’t imagine why that would help as turning off is only for the duration of while the truck is on. As soon as the truck starts again, headlights are on.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
I can't explain it either but the upload worked once I physically rotated dial to off position - actually would not have figured it out but I think during an attempted update I actually saw a notification this was the reason why it kept getting interrupted.

ScottyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT
I had the same issue with 6.8. I never missed an update but this one would not go. I thought maybe it was the update. I tried different things to make sure the preconditions were met. Interestingly enough about a week or so later I received a recall notice in the mail from Ford saying my 12V battery modal needed to be replaced cause it might report the wrong 12V battery health info, and could effect updates. So I called the dealer, they replaced the module and have received a few updates successfully since then.

Long story short. You might have a recall to fix the 12v battery health module.

Hope this helps.

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
My truck had a recall to fix this exact issue.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Check the Customer Service Program in the app. It’s under service. You may well have the battery module that needs replacement.

Sponsored

Rickgk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat Standard
Occupation
Retired
I had the same issue with 6.8. I never missed an update but this one would not go. I thought maybe it was the update. I tried different things to make sure the preconditions were met. Interestingly enough about a week or so later I received a recall notice in the mail from Ford saying my 12V battery modal needed to be replaced cause it might report the wrong 12V battery health info, and could effect updates. So I called the dealer, they replaced the module and have received a few updates successfully since then.

Long story short. You might have a recall to fix the 12v battery health module.

Hope this helps.
I had the exact same problem until I got the recall letter and took it in then after I got the 12v battery module replaced I started getting all the updates without fail.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Post or PM me the VIN and I can see why it is failing. Most likely due to unsatisfactory battery conditions.

OP
OP

kensiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER 2022
I tried that without success, also tried this last summer several times.
Sponsored