• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET]

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Nice that you get some response from your dealership. The people I speak to act like they have no interest in dealing with this right now. They just want to sell used cars. I even asked if I should order a Raptor or Super Duty instead, and they basically said "if you want." But I guarantee if I called about a 2015 truck they would be calling and texting me all day long.
I can't half blame them, they can hardly get their hands on any new vehicles and they are making a shit ton of money off used vehicles right now. The business is going to put it's attention to where the profit is. ?
It's shitty, but it's just the way things are right now.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I can't half blame them, they can hardly get their hands on any new vehicles and they are making a shit ton of money off used vehicles right now. The business is going to put it's attention to where the profit is. ?
It's shitty, but it's just the way things are right now.
They are also making very little (comparatively) off of new EV sales unless they add ADM. I think it was $600 per sale for the Mach-e (Invoice = MSRP - the $600 was what ford allocated to them). Unless they are passionate about either EVs or customer service, it just isn't worth it to them.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
They are also making very little (comparatively) off of new EV sales unless they add ADM. I think it was $600 per sale for the Mach-e (Invoice = MSRP - the $600 was what ford allocated to them). Unless they are passionate about either EVs or customer service, it just isn't worth it to them.
Didn’t the dealer sheet state it was 10% of MSRP for the dealer for the lightning sales?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
That‘s BS, they are making 10% plus other incentives on the back end.

For the dealer they make less off the customer, due to the lack of required maintenance for an EV

Fiver-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
It looks like dealers can't place the orders until you receive your VIP email which should go out today. After receiving the email, you are supposed to configure it, place the deposit and it gets send to the dealer. Here's a pic from the dealer. (Sorry if this is old news to some of you)

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] f150-lightning-online-ordering-for-reservationists

Sponsored

DoomTrain

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Model S
Ford can't do anything about it. Talk to your state level elected officials about changing dealership laws - and be prepared to donate more than the dealers and pay lots of lobbyists.
How does Tesla get away with it?

GaryC

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep w/openpilot
Occupation
Engineer
I feel like the toys on Christmas Island waiting for this email. Figured they would be out by now.
Me too, keep up the great conversation, guys. I too told my dealer sales guy about the web site reservation check using https://cni.dealerconnection.com/index.aspx , and he replied " I can see it but no names are attached". Told him my reservation number and am awaiting his reply. Here in northern Utah where full-size trucks are really popular. This is going to be fun if Ford and really deliver, hope so. Our big 98 kWh batteries will have an 8-year warranty, right? Fun stuff.

Azbittel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Me too, keep up the great conversation, guys. I too told my dealer sales guy about the web site reservation check using https://cni.dealerconnection.com/index.aspx , and he replied " I can see it but no names are attached". Told him my reservation number and am awaiting his reply. Here in northern Utah where full-size trucks are really popular. This is going to be fun if Ford and really deliver, hope so. Our big 98 kWh batteries will have an 8-year warranty, right? Fun stuff.
I think the warranty on my Mach e battery is 10yr or 100k miles. Is it not the same on the Lightning?

Sponsored

PaulB510

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER; 2012 Camaro SS
How does Tesla get away with it?
https://www.hotcars.com/here-is-why-tesla-has-no-dealerships/

"Most auto-manufacturers sell their cars through a dealership - in accordance with the state franchise laws, there will be a dealership for each automaker except Tesla. Automotive franchise policies were set decades ago to prevent automakers from unfairly building stores in direct competition with existing dealerships that had already spent time, money, and effort to open and grow their operations. This is where automakers started granting franchises and making it to the federal laws of most states that buyers have to go through a dealer if they want to buy a new car. This method has also been supported by the states as it helps local businesses, hires people locally, and most importantly there is an additional layer of taxes they could benefit from. Tesla on the other hand has not granted any franchises anywhere.

They choose to keep service centers, galleries, and stores. This new method of selling cars without the need of a dealer is supported by a few states as they consider the process beneficial to consumers because it removes the dealership markup and encourages better business practices."

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I do not have an email invite or an indication with my reservation that I am in Wave 1. I called the Ford service number provided with the reservation and they are now able to say whether or not a reservation is in Wave 1. Obviously, that does not help with inline ordering.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I think the warranty on my Mach e battery is 10yr or 100k miles. Is it not the same on the Lightning?
8 year 100k
Sponsored