• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9341

I have also had a flawless experience with the ChargePoint Home Flex. Two years now, zero issues.
I like that you can change the amperage draw and I have had to dial it down a couple of times.
Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
For what it’s worth I’ve had excellent luck with the ChargePoint Flex at home. Super fast at 50 amp setting.
I was just watching @tommolog's video on that one today. If I'm not ordering a Lariat ER I think I'll put one of those in. ID.4 has been doing fine on L1 charging and a few stops by the dealer's L3 when necessary. Just waiting on Ford to let me know what I'm doing...

Kevin22

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Systems Test Engineer
I was just watching @tommolog's video on that one today. If I'm not ordering a Lariat ER I think I'll put one of those in. ID.4 has been doing fine on L1 charging and a few stops by the dealer's L3 when necessary. Just waiting on Ford to let me know what I'm doing...
I also have a "reservation" for the ID.4. Not really sure about that ride. My last VW was a '72 Super Beetle. What do you think, if I get pushed out too far with the Lighting... Under $41k with 3 years of charging? Thoughts please

Deleted member 9341

L1 really can be enough for a lot of people in my experience. Just depends on how much battery you use daily. But L2 sure is faster

First Name
Bernhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I also have a "reservation" for the ID.4. Not really sure about that ride. My last VW was a '72 Super Beetle. What do you think, if I get pushed out too far with the Lighting... Under $41k with 3 years of charging? Thoughts please
Same here ....It really comes down to how you need to use that vehicle. If an ID.4 meets your needs, then why spend the money on a F150? There is also the Hyundai Kona, Fisker Ocean, Canoo etc

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
L1 really can be enough for a lot of people in my experience. Just depends on how much battery you use daily. But L2 sure is faster
L1 on a lightning will be outright painful. Even charging my Model S with a battery of ~74kwh usable, I get about 1.4% per hour, a functional 1 kw charge rate after accounting for overhead. If the Lightning is 131kwh usable, it would take roughly 5 1/2 days of non stop charging to go from 0-100%.

Granted almost nobody will need to charge to 100% daily, and even 0-90% is very unlikely, but even a 15% charge (45 miles daily) is going to take close to 20 hours at L1, and that's assuming it's not cold enough to warrant running the battery heater. If that's the case, the truck will not charge at all as all the energy will go to the battery heater.

For a vehicle with a much smaller battery and/or much lower consumption than a full size sedan or pickup, L1 could be a potential option if people are aware of its limitations.

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
That is very awkward, especially if you're # 1 on list and even considering timestamp. From everything gathered on this forum since wave 1, every dealership got 1 order first wave. You seem to be the first person saying a dealership didn't get a wave 1 order. There are plenty that placed reservation minutes into presentation and didn't get wave 1..but others like me with timestamp at 8:54 CST (very close to you) got wave 1 order despite thousands of timestamp reservations ahead. So the consensus was that probably earliest timestamp at each dealership (not accounting for any divisive prioritization) got wave 1 order.
Is your dealership EV certified? If they're not, they won't get any. Otherwise, I think there may be something fishy in play where the dealership prioritized owners kids or something and you're really not number 1, so they feeding your brother some bad info to relay to you. Wait to see how tomorrow plays out and if the info was true. Maybe people at dealership just speculating on allotment like we are all speculating about every little detail on here lol.
I know the owner personally too. I'm number one. My brother is number two, but he didn't place his order until like 10am on the 20th. All others are a month or so after us.

The dealership is EV certified, I think the owner had to pay like 40k or some other insane amount of money for that privilege. Chargers, new tools, new lifts, new training. Expensive shit.

I'm honestly just thinking that I may get one in a later wave as Iowa just isn't going to get allotted as many as people here think they will (all those Granger folks). This is not an EV priority state for Ford. Most will probably go to states that have the hardest emissions laws.

I'm really just venting. I know I reserved at 930pm on the 19th. If I get one, I get one. I was probably going to flip it anyways or sell it on to my parents as I have a Rivian on order too and that just seems like you get a ton more for the same amount of money. Just don't get the ford dealer/support network.

I have to travel 150 miles to Madison, WI to get my Tesla worked on now. Which has only been for Tesla sending out notifications that they want to do something to the car. Like they just made me an appointment to "Reseal Front Upper Control Arm Ball Joints" under warranty.

I really hope all of you get one that need one. I'm one of those 'it's nice to have people'.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Wife has a Bolt, and we use the L1 that came with the car. We do have two other L2s in the garage, but wife doesn't feel comfortable going in/out of the garage. However that L1 is enough since she is both WFH and at times working from the office so it has time to charge. If we need more quickly, I just park in the garage myself.

We are working on getting a 14-50R installed on the outside of the house, however I don't have that money at the moment since its being saved for the DP of the F150L.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
We're officially off topic....again
[referring to the charge talk]

Sponsored

Deleted member 9341

Wife has a Bolt, and we use the L1 that came with the car. We do have two other L2s in the garage, but wife doesn't feel comfortable going in/out of the garage. However that L1 is enough since she is both WFH and at times working from the office so it has time to charge. If we need more quickly, I just park in the garage myself.

We are working on getting a 14-50R installed on the outside of the house, however I don't have that money at the moment since its being saved for the DP of the F150L.
Perfect example of when L1 works fine

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Status
Not open for further replies.