• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is this yellow adapter(?) that came with my Lightning?

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
My 23 Lariat ER came with a slip of paper identifying the adapter and where to buy one.
Sponsored

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
i want one. i wanna be like the cool kids. whats the part number?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
why doesn't ford's pro power just come as a common 14-50 outlet like the cybertruck?
because it's a 'mobile' power source, and therefore requires a more substantial 'twist lock' safety mechanism, versus the typical 'fixed' 14-50 outlet... generators have this same twist lock outlet for the same reasons... your truck is just a large generator. Since the CT comes with a bed cover on as stock, they may be able to argue that it is always 'covering' the outlet, where the Lightning does not come with a bed cover.
Also, Ford has been supplying these 30amp outlets for several years on the HYBRID models with proPower, so it stands to reason that they just continue the same with the Lightning... that's like many Campers and RVs that come with the twist lock, and others are hard-wired...

I'll agree that it would be easier, for sure, although i use a 'dogbone' dongle adapter, which makes it a little less cumbersome when accessing the 30amp 240v ProPower bed outlet...

Ford F-150 Lightning What is this yellow adapter(?) that came with my Lightning? 1714390949766-7q

Last edited:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Strange that Ford is still randomly including these in MY23 builds, my June 2022 build didn't get one, or the PDI crew lifted it.
Same, I figured the PDI crew ended up with the adapter pack.

Sponsored

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
I got one of these yellow adaptors in my used '22 Lariant ER. I thought it was an aftermarket purchase by the previous owner. Interesting....

Dino

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning, 22 Volvo XC 60 plug-in hybrid
My 23 XLT SR with pro-power onboard came with this adapter, the dealer didn't know why. I have used it in the pro-power onboard 240 outlet to charge my Volvo 17kw plug-in hybrid.

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER
23 Lariat ER here and I didn’t get one either. But now I’m interested in buying one.
Sponsored