• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

joelb1

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Sierra SLT
Has anyone noticed that in the configurator, when you add Max Trailer Tow Pkg. it LIFTS the rear an inch or more?
This is new in the configurator, and I wonder if MaxTow also adds heavier duty rear coils although it doesn't specify them...
I've been wondering about this awhile because some of the test mules sit really high in the back
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Has anyone noticed that in the configurator, when you add Max Trailer Tow Pkg. it LIFTS the rear an inch or more?
Not sure were you see it, but Ford finally put a description on the max tow package:

"
Max Trailer Tow Package on F-150 Lightning adds additional cooling hardware on the battery and electric motors to allow increased towing capacity rating."

this is not new, it's been known it adds cooling. But, nice to see it officially.

I optioned it just b/c more cooling is always good for EVs and it's a pretty minor price increase.

Just hoping it provides benefits outside of towing as that doesn't matter to me :)

Edit: I see what you're referencing now. but I'd just pay no mind, you're looking at computer generated images. If you notice it, it's a different render, the front has sensors as well (when looking @ XLT).

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Just hoping it provides benefits outside of towing as that doesn't matter to me :)
At minimum it'll decrease charging times and increase cell/motor longevity.

If it's using a beefier pump it might even reduce pump losses during normal transit (increasing range, albeit ever so slightly).
Sponsored