• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Software Version Do You Have?

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
I have a 2022 Lightning Lariat ER purchased in April 2023. I’m stuck at update 3.5.4. I know there are newer updates available even though mine says none available. Went to a dealer (not the one purchased from) to have it updated and they want $150. What year, trim and version is everyone running?
Sponsored

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
Mine was initially stuck at 3.5.4 when I bought it in August 2022. After numerous calls with Ford, they told me to go to my dealer who installed 3.5.5 and I've had all the OTA updates since, plus all the priority updates.

One other thing to check - if your vehicle was an ex-demo/mannequin, it may still be in "fleet mode". If it is, it won't get updates. The dealer can get it removed. If that's the issue it should be an easy fix and you should get the updates you're owed in short order.

Have a read of this: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/ford-sync-system-updates-fleet-mode.14886/

OP
OP
AmandaB

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine was initially stuck at 3.5.4 when I bought it in August 2022. After numerous calls with Ford, they told me to go to my dealer who installed 3.5.5 and I've had all the OTA updates since, plus all the priority updates.

One other thing to check - if your vehicle was an ex-demo/mannequin, it may still be in "fleet mode". If it is, it won't get updates. The dealer can get it removed. If that's the issue it should be an easy fix and you should get the updates you're owed in short order.

Have a read of this: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/ford-sync-system-updates-fleet-mode.14886/
Thank you I will look into this!

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
Thank you I will look into this!
You're welcome! Also, you should absolutely not be paying anyone $150 to get this sorted. Your OTA updates clearly aren't working as they should, and the dealer should be addressing this as a warranty issue.

OP
OP
AmandaB

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You're welcome! Also, you should absolutely not be paying anyone $150 to get this sorted. Your OTA updates clearly aren't working as they should, and the dealer should be addressing this as a warranty issue.
I agree, unfortunately the dealer I went to which was closer to me seemed clueless. I didn’t pay it and will call the dealer I purchased from.