• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to see what software version has been installed?

Hrudka

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Jeep Grand C
Occupation
Machinist
Does anyone know how to see what software updates have been installed? My Lightning says it is up to date but I never received the update which alters the screen knob function to include fan speed, heat etc. My neighbour who also has a lightning did get this. I believe there is also an update to fix the "active air dam fault" issue.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
In short, you cannot.

Someone with access to FDRS can lookup your VIN and see what module updates are pending for your truck, but that's not the same as whether you have an OTA update pending.

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
I have been going back and forth with my dealer about updates. I take my truck in, they say they updated it, but when I pick it up I still have the UI from 3.5.3. This has happened twice. Would LOVE to know what version FDRS says

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I have been going back and forth with my dealer about updates. I take my truck in, they say they updated it, but when I pick it up I still have the UI from 3.5.3. This has happened twice. Would LOVE to know what version FDRS says
I guess if you provided your VIN and asked nicely, you might actually get that information...not from me because I only know how to look up what updates are waiting :sneaky:

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
I mean if there was a Ford Fairy out there with access to such information for 1FTVW1EL7NWG15971 that would be pretty cool. Also a Starbucks drink may also find their way to this that fairy for his/her time

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I mean if there was a Ford Fairy out there with access to such information for 1FTVW1EL7NWG15971 that would be pretty cool. Also a Starbucks drink may also find their way to this that fairy for his/her time
I don't know which version you are on, but I can tell you there is an APIM update waiting...which is where the new interface would live (not saying it will give you the new interface).

I found the $500 for the Mongoose and subscription to FDRS a worthwhile investment since I didn't want to wait for a dealership to make these updates after sitting on their lot for over a week (which they still did not make)...so much so that I invested in a year long subscription to FDRS just recently.

Ford F-150 Lightning How to see what software version has been installed? 1687826088969

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
THANK YOU!!! Shouldnt I have the install icon on the top of my screen and/or updates waiting when I select Updates > Check manually?

I appreciate you. Send me your email address please.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
THANK YOU!!! Shouldnt I have the install icon on the top of my screen and/or updates waiting when I select Updates > Check manually?

I appreciate you. Send me your email address please.
No need to send me anything. You may or may not have the install option. I did not have it when I finally went with FDRS/Mongoose. The APIM install was scary since it took so long and drew down the 12 V so much. But I made it through and now update regularly. I've even had the courage to branch out to FORSAN.

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
Do you check the email address on your screen shot?

I have a long drive tomorrow that should charge the 12v if it’s not currently charged. Thanks again.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

I have a long drive tomorrow that should charge the 12v if it’s not currently charged. Thanks again.
Yes, I use that email for all Ford truck things. It also revels my full name since I run my own mail servers. I'll explain the whole AO thing over beers someday...hint, former Air Force Air Traffic Controllers will know.

If you decide to use FDRS/Mongoose to update the APIM, make sure you have a battery tender hooked up before you update.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
While I thank you for the Starbucks gift, it will be wasted on me. I brew my own coffee when I arrive to the ESTC every morning...while my wife may know where the closest store is at, I have no idea and no interest in diverting my commute to collect it. Go ahead and pull it back so the it won't be sitting in limbo for years to come.

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
Can’t pull it back. Open it and give the code to a coworker or better get a vet.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Can’t pull it back. Open it and give the code to a coworker or better get a vet.
I am a vet (22 years) so maybe I'll pass it on to my wife