• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What to expect for MY23 based upon MY22

TwinDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
For those that are awaiting the opening of the ordering for MY23 here is what happened (and still happening) for MY22.
  1. Registration: To order a Lightning a reservation (opened late May) was needed which is closed at 200k. If you didn't make a reservation you will need to probably wait until MY24.
  2. Allocations: Each dealer was given an allocation of Lightnings for MY22 based upon previous sales history and the number of reservations. Dealers were given the option to prioritize a number of reservations regardless of the reservation timestamp. So someone at a dealership who placed a reservation late could be bumped to the top of their list. Some dealers did and some didn’t. A few moved you up their list if you were willing to pay a fee.
  3. Wave Ordering: About every two weeks starting In January Ford sent order invites to a lucky few based upon some kind of method based on location, ZEV state, and dealer lists. There were 5 initial waves and then much later a 6th wave was added to balance out the production run. Even after the 6th wave, Ford had remaining room in their run and after asking dealers for names of people that might be interested in a specific trim, became the 7th and final wave. Some dealers contacted people offering to send their names to Ford if they were willing to pay extra. Before the ordering process was started Ford had already decided how many of each trim that was going to be produced. As we now know Ford didn’t make available many Pro or XLT trims.
  1. Your order: For each wave, Ford would send out emails letting people know it’s time to order. Orders were completed online but could be done with the dealer. Really wasn’t much in the way of options as Ford decided to only offer a package of options based upon the standard or extended battery ($10K). There were a few like max tow package and bed liner. Pro and XLT’s were gone early and many people decided to extend their reservation to MY23 which is why wave 6 came about.
    This is where dealers start tacking on ADM to orders. Some people accepted it and others were able to move their order to another dealer.
    IMPORTANT: Get ADM info before placing an order because once an order is placed it can’t be moved.
  2. Production: Once again Ford used some kind of algorithm to determine when trucks were built. Some later wave trucks are getting built before the early waves.
    If during a truck’s production run it’s missing chips the truck gets sent to a holding lot. When the missing chips come in they go towards trucks in the production line and then any extra finally gets added to the trucks in the holding lot.
  3. Shipping: This has been another bottleneck depending on the part of the country.
  4. Delivery: When you go sign the papers and fork over your inheritance a few dealers will try to add an ADM. They do this in the hope of getting extra cash or having you back out and then the truck is theirs to sell for whatever the market will support.
  5. Charger: After you get your truck, Sunrun is supposed to install the charger. If they don’t have a presence in your location or you want a local electrician to install it they will send you the charger.
Believe just about everyone has had one or more issues with the steps laid out. Currently, about 50% of MY22 are still waiting for build dates (production) which includes all waves.
Imagine the MY23 process will be very similar but with more lower trims, options, and hopefully a smoother process. Sadly, ADM will still be an issue for some so research your dealer as your reservation can be moved at any time with a simple phone call. :(
Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Don’t forget that Ford would randomly send emails about how your lightning is on its way when it isn’t.

and don’t forget that ZEV states got a massive priority.

and don’t forget that Ford will project stuff and miss by a mile, and never be accountable for it and continue doing it.

Even though I reserved in the first 15 minutes of the initial Ford presentation, I honestly have no idea if I’ll even get a 2023.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I do not share your imagination regarding more lower trims and options....by which I mean proportionally more, not numerically more. I do not expect any significant increase in percentages of Pros or XLTs for MY 23, but want to be proven wrong. 🤔
Sponsored