• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's Changed on the 2023 FORD F-150 LIGHTNING

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Why don't simply make a list and we can read in less than 1 min? Videos are time wasting! 1000% time wasting.
Then don't watch it. Ot better yet research it yourself.

Don't be difficult.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Many, if not most, videos are purely wasting time for those who CAN read, period.
I can read just fine and that's your opinion.

@FordVideoGuy keep dong what you are doing.. appreciate your efforts...

kbrannen

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning
For those who prefer to read (like me), I watched it because it wasn't too long and made notes of the high level items:

* Price increase.
* Color changes: 3 removed, 2 added.
* Pro for fleets now has a "police" model.
* Pro tow tech now has "pro trailer hitch assist".
* Invites to those who couldn't get a Pro and extended their time, those invites going out this week (wave 1).
* Invites to those who couldn't get an XLT and extended their time, those invites going out about 2 weeks later (wave 2).
* Invites for new orders (not extended) begins in Sep (wave 3).

He didn't mention (but I believe these are also changes):
* Removal of under back seat storage as standard (for those trims that had it).
* Removal of some charge cables as standard.

HTH!

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
Heated seats are now standard across the whole lineup.

SR battery is rates for 10 more miles (to be clear, if you don't live in a cold climates, you always had this range, this is merely a range boost for cold weather, which is part of the EPA testing.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
For those who prefer to read (like me), I watched it because it wasn't too long and made notes of the high level items:

* Price increase.
* Color changes: 3 removed, 2 added.
* Pro for fleets now has a "police" model.
* Pro tow tech now has "pro trailer hitch assist".
* Invites to those who couldn't get a Pro and extended their time, those invites going out this week (wave 1).
* Invites to those who couldn't get an XLT and extended their time, those invites going out about 2 weeks later (wave 2).
* Invites for new orders (not extended) begins in Sep (wave 3).

He didn't mention (but I believe these are also changes):
* Removal of under back seat storage as standard (for those trims that had it).
* Removal of some charge cables as standard.

HTH!
Remove of onboard scale, under seats foldable storage for Lariat/platinum, heated seats for Pro, no more mobile chargers, no more massage seats for platinum etc. Lot of Items missing.

What a quality video!

Sponsored

BeeLightning

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Impala, Jag SUV, F-150 Lightning on order
Removal of the onboard scales that is a biggie. All the other changes I understand, but im having a hard time with that onboard scales removal, while still adding cost.

Then again GM is charging over 100k for a truck with no onboard scales. Now that i think about more, guess i dont have a problem with it.

However, whomever missed a few decimals while outlining the cost to make this truck is toast..

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Didn't watch, but did he mention the loss of AM radio? I'm curious as I only saw that on the order sheet thing.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Heated seats are now standard across the whole lineup.
FFS this is what I think may make me sell my truck I'm going to get tomorrow. I did not realize my $55k XLT didn't have that as standard until like a month ago. I'm in the NE so heated seats are almost considered a must.

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
FFS this is what I think may make me sell my truck I'm going to get tomorrow. I did not realize my $55k XLT didn't have that as standard until like a month ago. I'm in the NE so heated seats are almost considered a must.
Keep in mind you have pro power and a 120V outlet in the cab, you can put a heated blanket down as a seat cover.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Keep in mind you have pro power and a 120V outlet in the cab, you can put a heated blanket down as a seat cover.
Yeah I thought about it, less than elegant solution though. If I can find some kit that I can install into the seats that might be okay. It is honestly more of the 'wtf man' feeling about it, particularly when I don't feel like there was that much added going from pro to XLT (I also originally thought the XLT base got the 15" screen, so that at least felt like a reasonable upgrade).
Sponsored