• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Windshield replacement

Ssw1223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER
Has anyone had to replace their windshield? I have a large crack in mine 😫 but neither the dealer nor Safelite knows what the right replacement part is.

What is the right part number m?
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
In another thread someone was saying it’s the same as the regular F-150 windshield but i am not 100% certain.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I do not think it is the same as an F150 windshield, as it has some sound proofing in it. I would make the dealer figure it out, shouldn't this be a simple question for their parts department?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
this is not uncommon for 'newer' type vehicles that have not only better 'glass', but also so many electronic/sensors built-in to the windshield, itself... you'll see the latest Safelite advertisements alluding to this as "we can even calibrate your windshield sensors, too!"... although...

the other day, as an insurance agent, I got a text from a customer that said that Safelite declined to replace their 2016 Cadillac windshield since they couldn't 'guarantee' that they could calibrate the sensors!... interesting...

so, the customer had to go to the Cadillac DEALER to get it done. I'm wondering who THEY used to do the job, Safelite?? Interesting...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I have a crack in mine that Safelite is coming to look at on Friday. It is likely a repair, but I will let you know.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Has anyone had to replace their windshield? I have a large crack in mine 😫 but neither the dealer nor Safelite knows what the right replacement part is.

What is the right part number m?

I've had mine replaced, unfortunately. Took a hit from who knows what on an empty back road in Vermont without any other vehicles anywhere near me, and the little chip rapidly spread to a big crack.

It was, indeed, the same windshield as the regular F-150, but there are multiple versions. You need the one with the bracket for all the fancy sensors and the SoundShield. I don't know what the part number is, but safelite was able to get an OEM replacement. They had to come back twice because the bracket for the sensor was damaged on the first replacement.

Insist on the OEM one! You want to be sure it's got the sound deadening and the logos. (The ICE F-150 gets SoundShield too!)

I rode around with the safelite guy for about 15 min afterwards and watched him "calibrate" the sensor. Which involved connecting a scan tool, pressing a button, and watching a progress bar while the system did its thing.
Sponsored