• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Windshield Motor Assembly Recall

IBeTheBot

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
IT Management
I'm curious if anyone knows the timeframe allotted for completing this recall. I brought my truck to the dealer for the recall and checked the aftermarket cameras installed on it. I noticed they were only offline for 28 minutes, which makes me doubt whether the dealer actually carried out the required repairs.
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
The recall applies to certain 2021-2022 regular f150s. You might get more info in the non lightning forums.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I'm having it done on my Lightning tomorrow. The recall letter said the 'inspect and replace as required" should take less than 1/2 a day. I don't know what the flat rate book is for the replacement.

OP
OP

IBeTheBot

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
IT Management
That is what I was kind of wondering, mind asking them tomorrow what the book rate for hours is, because I dropped my truck off at 8:30 AM and it was sitting there ready to be picked up by 10:30, i suspect the did the battery module software update and just signed off on motor replacement.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
That is what I was kind of wondering, mind asking them tomorrow what the book rate for hours is, because I dropped my truck off at 8:30 AM and it was sitting there ready to be picked up by 10:30, i suspect the did the battery module software update and just signed off on motor replacement.
The wiper motor recall is to INSPECT the motor, and determine if the part number is one that needs to be replaced. They remove the cowl, and use mirror to read the number.

Inspect is 0.4 hours. Replace is 0.7 hours. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCMN-22V842-6560.pdf

So it could easily be replaced in that time. And your work order should show that.

Last edited:
OP
OP

IBeTheBot

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
IT Management