• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
All the deliveries will include this adapter?

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list?
Occupation
Manager
All the deliveries will include this adapter?
Not sure if it’s for the Extended Range only? Question is does the non Extended range models have the same back bed power supply hook up. If it does than I’d say yes.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list?
Occupation
Manager
This morning I am going to plug in my wife’s Mach E Space White which needs charging and make a video to see how long it takes to charge say like 50 miles. I will post it later🥸

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Any Powerboost can also charge an EV.

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Not sure if it’s for the Extended Range only? Question is does the non Extended range models have the same back bed power supply hook up. If it does than I’d say yes.
I think he's referring to the L14-30 adapter. What does that adapt to? A 14-50R? People have made comments about Ford overloading the 30A 240v circuit with an adapter like this that lets you plug in an EVSE that can draw more than 30A.

Wish you'd shown the adapter alone and shown how much power was being drawn from the EVSE.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Just keep in mind that doing this should be the exception. Charging an EV involves charger losses. Charging from another EV triples those losses. 2 chargers and an inverter vs one charger.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list?
Occupation
Manager
I think he's referring to the L14-30 adapter. What does that adapt to? A 14-50R? People have made comments about Ford overloading the 30A 240v circuit with an adapter like this that lets you plug in an EVSE that can draw more than 30A.

Wish you'd shown the adapter alone and shown how much power was being drawn from the EVSE.
new video shortly.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
The instruction sheet for the Ford Mobile suggested Parkworld 691944
(L14-30P to L14-50R) Evidently some people are receiving it with the truck even though the sheet showed it as not included.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
That's really weird. Clearly popular, but weird. I could plug my gen 1 Tesla UMC with a 14-50P into this thing and blow the breaker immediately by charging at 40A.

The fact that the MME EVSE will draw 32A with no way to reduce it is baffling. You'd really want to only draw 24A on a 30A circuit. Puzzling that Ford doesn't make a 14-30 adapter for their EVSE to limit it to 24A. You can covert an L14-30 into a 14-30 and not risk overloading the breaker.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list?
Occupation
Manager