• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

XLT with ER starts at $74,169 glitch ?!?

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
I hadn't done that analysis... but yeah, $3k is nothing when talking about a freaking $80,000 truck. I feel stabbed in the back. I doubt this is a glitch. I'm not interested in a SR truck, and a $35,000 markup from the Pro SR to get the cheapest ER truck is just ridiculous.

On my end, I was comparing an XLT ER to a Powerboost. Both were around the $60-65k range. This is the single most expensive purchase I would have ever made besides my house, and even at 60-65 it was a hard pill to swallow. I simply can't do $75k. Or won't rather. My retirement and kids future is more important.
Yeah wtf hahah, itā€™s actually less, $2,500 difference. What in Godā€™s name are you doing Fordā€¦

Ford F-150 Lightning XLT with ER starts at $74,169 glitch ?!? 9B3BCAD7-7AED-41F4-875D-94C756457E81
Ford F-150 Lightning XLT with ER starts at $74,169 glitch ?!? 3DF4E755-78BE-421D-BB56-B36E0B4A0A93
Sponsored

Txm

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 F150, 22 F150 501 on order.
Occupation
Paramedic
I think Iā€™m outā€¦ Iā€™m not forgoing comfort features just to have a ā€œreasonably pricedā€ EV Truck and Iā€™m not passing on the ER Battery that would allow me to go drive round trip to my familyā€™s farm and back home. If I decide to pursue to EV thing, Iā€™ll be going with Rivian.

Until then, I have a nice Lariat Powerboost on the way with my name on it. Like DadBald said, my retirement and daughters future is more important than a truck.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 302A PB
Dont forget the Dealer's ADM fees on top of that!:(
Anyone who buys from a dealer charging ADM deserves to pay those fees. As much as there a lot of dealers doing it, itā€™s certainly possible to find the good ones who still donā€™t and give them your business.

Sponsored

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Why do I feel like this is going to be a ā€œXbox 360 / PlayStation 3 at E3ā€ fiasco where the Playstation was the king of kings ā€œaka fordā€ and placed their pricing extremely high and then Xbox had their pricing lower unexpectedly and took the throne; hint to Chevy Silverado EV tomorrowā€¦also ironic that the full pricing is unveiled a day before Chevyā€™s unveil.

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
If I can't get a Pro I will most likely get a Rivian. It's just way better at $67,500 with 315 miles of range than anything Ford has to offer. Not to mention Fords tax credit might be going away by the time I can get one.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I was about to say, this makes Rivianā€™s pricing look a lot friendlier than it did a month ago lol.
Iā€™ve been saying that the Rivian was very favorably priced when compared to the Lariat, but the XLT+ made more sense. But a $9500 required premium package changes everything. You can get an R1T with the upper level adventure package for less money.

My Rivian arrives sometime between Oct and Dec 2022. I have a lot of respect for what Ford is doing with the Pro model but Iā€™m officially out on the XLT or Larat.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™ve been saying that the Rivian was very favorably priced when compared to the Lariat, but the XLT+ made more sense. But a $9500 required premium package changes everything. You can get an R1T with the upper level adventure package for less money.

My Rivian arrives sometime between Oct and Dec 2022. I have a lot of respect for what Ford is doing with the Pro model but Iā€™m officially out on the XLT or Larat.
I'm in the exact same situation and agree completely. My Rivian date is just a bit further out than yours. I'm just hoping Rivian doesn't use Ford's pricing as justification to increase theirs.

Sponsored

Txm

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 F150, 22 F150 501 on order.
Occupation
Paramedic
Ironic that this just showed up.

Iā€™ll say this, my 17 Sierra 6.2 was a heck of a truck. I would have no issue going back to GM.

Ford F-150 Lightning XLT with ER starts at $74,169 glitch ?!? 2C1A434C-FBAE-4016-AD5B-0E383F0ECBAD

MD56

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Yikes, well things just got complicated. I've been under the strong impression for the last several months that i'd be pulling the trigger on an ER XLT, but I'm also in the keep it under $60K camp though... so here we go, back to the drawing board!

Hmm... Pro? ... SR XLT? Both would be ok i guess. The Pro certainly seems like the better value, but by all accounts it'll be next to impossible to get. The SR XLT is still a solid price (if you qualify for the $7500 off), but then you're kind of just handing Ford and extra $13k for some trim and other very meh upgrades vs the Pro. I'd really have to noodle on a justification on that.

More wind taken out of the sails. Maybe it's a sign to take a step back and evaluate what I really want and need out of this truck. Maybe go spend some time on the Maverick builder... who knows.

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Yikes, well things just got complicated. I've been under the strong impression for the last several months that i'd be pulling the trigger on an ER XLT, but I'm also in the keep it under $60K camp though... so here we go, back to the drawing board!

Hmm... Pro? ... SR XLT? Both would be ok i guess. The Pro certainly seems like the better value, but by all accounts it'll be next to impossible to get. The SR XLT is still a solid price (if you qualify for the $7500 off), but then you're kind of just handing Ford and extra $13k for some trim and other very meh upgrades vs the Pro. I'd really have to noodle on a justification on that.

More wind taken out of the sails. Maybe it's a sign to take a step back and evaluate what I really want and need out of this truck. Maybe go spend some time on the Maverick builder... who knows.
Right there with you... the XLT ER pricing was a major let down. Currently I see no way for me to justify the ER cost.

$45k = nicely equipped pro but manual seats may be deal breaker for us
$56k = XLT with pro-power
$65k = nicely equipped XLT but this is what I was expecting to pay with an ER battery...
$75k = what I want but no possible way to justify that cost

I should have seen this coming but the pricing on the mid-level trucks is just wrong.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Sorry for the crude screenshot from a youtube video. The XLT Plus from this older leaked document had a much more reasonable price for the PLUS package which maybe gives some hope there is a glitch??? I'm not familiar with the specific document, but it looks semi official even if a little older.

Ford F-150 Lightning XLT with ER starts at $74,169 glitch ?!? 1641336387684

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry for the crude screenshot from a youtube video. The XLT Plus from this older leaked document had a much more reasonable price for the PLUS package which maybe gives some hope there is a glitch??? I'm not familiar with the specific document, but it looks semi official even if a little older.

1641336387684.png
I hate to say it, but trust the Ford official website for pricing more than a YouTube video - I think what you see is what you get.
Sponsored