• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Yay, I got an update. But...

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just under 2200 miles. I wouldn't have given it much thought but I can't clear the alert and the triangle alert indicator turned red and won't clear. I think I put too much thought into it.
It's not an alert. It's just there like an advertisement. Ignore it (unless you happen to want to schedule service.)
Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
New guy here. I've had my Lightning for 2200 miles. I was one of those who got worked up over not getting updates. But I decided to forget about it and just enjoy the truck.
And just like that I get "Update successful" message on the Ford Pass app. 4.2.1.2 for the record. All is good but when I look at the alert in Ford Pass it says "Update successful" and then at the bottom of the screen it says "Schedule service". Is this normal? I mean, I'm not inclined to ask for service because everything seems to be working as it should.
Ignoring it for now, just wondering if this is normal.
Hello George.....
You are not the only one who got that same message.
Here is what happened to my truck.
Everything seems to work fine, but I lost complete use of my BC. No hands free operation and it is not recognizing any interstates for BC operation.
I suspect a module couldn't be updated and now truly it requires service.
So, take your truck on an interstate and try BC.

OP
OP
George D

George D

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Retired
Hello George.....
You are not the only one who got that same message.
Here is what happened to my truck.
Everything seems to work fine, but I lost complete use of my BC. No hands free operation and it is not recognizing any interstates for BC operation.
I suspect a module couldn't be updated and now truly it requires service.
So, take your truck on an interstate and try BC.
Sorry that happened to you. But I don't have BC and the nearest interstate is 40 miles away. Would gladly test it if I could.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Sorry that happened to you. But I don't have BC and the nearest interstate is 40 miles away. Would gladly test it if I could.
Thank you for the consideration.
Good luck with your Lightning.
I love mine. Almost 2 years old.
Take care.
Sponsored