• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Wave 3 order here, XLT SR said 24 weeks when I placed my order today FWIW

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Certainly promising that the ramp up is going to be "fast" as there wasn't a different date than Wave #2 by just being in Wave #3.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Once they get the start up kinks out of the production process, I wonder how the build time for a Lightning vs. gas F-150 will be? Will the EVs assemble quicker due to the drivetrain differences?

Sponsored

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Given this more aggressive ramp-up we're seeing, does anyone think that Ford will be able to produce all prioritized reservations in MY2022?

My thought is... If they couldn't even handle all prioritized orders, why even let dealerships prioritize that many? Given Ford has all the data, they would've known exactly how many prioritization spots they were giving out.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Once they get the start up kinks out of the production process, I wonder how the build time for a Lightning vs. gas F-150 will be? Will the EVs assemble quicker due to the drivetrain differences?
Would assume so.

I cannot recall if it was a Union or a Anti-EV Car Manufacture( Toyota?) that said EVs would be bad b/c they are more efficient to build causing job loses.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I think my lariat ER said 20 weeks, but I might have missed the number. I didn't take a screenshot and I think they are placeholder numbers anyway

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Fwiw, I think it is good that mannequins should be delivered early. Hopefully, reservation holders can then get hands on what they could eventually get to order/purchase, maybe even a test drive. It still amazes me somewhat that wave 1,2 3 folks are making $80k commitments, without having even sat in the driver's seat. America, what a country!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Fwiw, I think it is good that mannequins should be delivered early. Hopefully, reservation holders can then get hands on what they could eventually get to order/purchase, maybe even a test drive. It still amazes me somewhat that wave 1,2 3 folks are making $80k commitments, without having even sat in the driver's seat. America, what a country!

To be fair, anyone with an order can still back out if the production truck sucks. It's not a commitment quite yet.

Sponsored

hellb0y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat / Kona Electric
I think my lariat ER said 20 weeks, but I might have missed the number. I didn't take a screenshot and I think they are placeholder numbers anyway
this is also what my dealer told me -20 weeks, order placed Jan 12th for a XLT 302A SR w/tech package…so I’m assuming I will get the truck sometime in June.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To be fair, anyone with an order can still back out if the production truck sucks. It's not a commitment quite yet.
Point taken. Wait a year, place order, truck delivered, but not to one's liking, walk away. Easy peasy.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Point taken. Wait a year, place order, truck delivered, but not to one's liking, walk away. Easy peasy.
Hopefully the real reviews will be as good as the hype so I won’t have to cancel my order!

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully the real reviews will be as good as the hype so I won’t have to cancel my order!
The Lightning is not a far departure from an ICE F150 in terms of physical attributes, so if the F150 fits the Lightning should be similar. The real difference I suspect will be the driving impressions, which I believe/hope will not disappoint.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The Lightning is not a far departure from an ICE F150 in terms of physical attributes, so if the F150 fits the Lightning should be similar. The real difference I suspect will be the driving impressions, which I believe/hope will not disappoint.
It's different that I can camp in the frunk while playing my Xbox. As long as I can contort enough. Sold!
Sponsored