• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
gorwell

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
The issue is the value proposition with the XLT, it's undoubtedly nicer, but is it $13k nicer?
Until the Pro @ $40K is widely available for purchase, no one really should consider it in talk about pricing...

Technically, even the XLT Standard @ $52K was a small allocation by Ford:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Pro Standard Range Battery Review by Out of Spec Kyle 1652369012316

The only trim levels that had notable inventory for purchase was Lariat and above.

Pro was ~ 3-4% - $40K
XLT Standard was ~4-6% - $52K

Everything else (90%) of what Ford allocated to Retail customers started @ $64K for 230 miles. or $72K for 300.

Things need to be put in perspective and judge the pricing of the F150 based on what Ford is actually allowing to be sold.

The only thing I would really have liked from the Standard XLT was Adaptive Cruise Control.
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I wonder what the secondary market will be for the Pro once fleets want to refresh. I'm sure they'll hold a greater percentage of value at the end, but how much more? What should a Pro cost to make it the same value as the other trims if the other trim levels are what they are now?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Pro ERs at the auctions in 2 years will be going for crazy money.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
They just need to allocate more of them for consumers. For me personally, by the time the truck rolls in I’ll have a need for a Pro trim not as a daily driver but just as a utility vehicle. I specced one out to about $45k for the perfect spec for me. Perhaps we could all go in on a fleet deal? Out of Spec group buy!

Thanks for sharing the video

Kyle
Thanks for both videos! Any idea if the max tow package cooling helps charge rate on either battery pack?

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
I can’t find a video from The Kilowatts about his day spent with the Pro ER. I’d like to see that.
I’d like to see more details about the Pro. They mention the sound system is decent but I’d like to learn more about it. Does the Pro really not have simple cruise control yet has all the Co-Pilot 360 2.0 stuff? I understand that vinyl seats can get hot/sticky, but are they really that uncomfortable? One thing I’ve recently learned as well: the rear seat on Pro (and maybe XLT) does not have a center fold-down armrest which is a bummer.
The fact that the Pro has the exact same dynamic LED headlights, digital dash, frunk, and motors as the Plat, as well as the the same 12” screen from top-of-the-line ICE models and power windows all make the truck an incredible value.

Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I can’t find a video from The Kilowatts about his day spent with the Pro ER. I’d like to see that.
I’d like to see more details about the Pro. They mention the sound system is decent but I’d like to learn more about it. Does the Pro really not have simple cruise control yet has all the Co-Pilot 360 2.0 stuff? I understand that vinyl seats can get hot/sticky, but are they really that uncomfortable? One thing I’ve recently learned as well: the rear seat on Pro (and maybe XLT) does not have a center fold-down armrest which is a bummer.
The fact that the Pro has the exact same dynamic LED headlights, digital dash, frunk, and motors as the Plat, as well as the the same 12” screen from top-of-the-line ICE models and power windows all make the truck an incredible value.
The Pro does have standard cruise control, just not adaptive cruise control. Spec guide here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/....46666/?hash=2ed4ff589c19faa196658a95ae35401c

OP
OP
gorwell

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Any idea if the max tow package cooling helps charge rate on either battery pack?

It should help, Kyle did note that Ford said it would be active outside of towing.

Kyle did push the Lariat he drove and didn't see battery temperatures fluctuate much at all, it had the max tow package. I believe it was also a hot day and he save a peak charge speed of 172kW which is pretty good given it's rated @ 150kW.

To really figure out if max cooling actually helps with charging, likely going to need to range test both of them in hot weather and then fast charge. Will probably be a while until we get that data.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Until the Pro @ $40K is widely available for purchase, no one really should consider it in talk about pricing...

1652369012316.png

The only trim levels that had notable inventory for purchase was Lariat and above.

Pro was ~ 3-4% - $40K

Everything else (90%) of what Ford allocated to Retail customers started @ $64K for 230 miles. or $72K for 300.

Things need to be put in perspective and judge the pricing of the F150 based on what Ford is actually allowing to be sold.

The only thing I would really have liked from the Standard XLT was Adaptive Cruise Control.
I understand the point, but currently, everyone Ford is marketing to is a model year 2023 or 2024 buyer and we don't know the build breakout for that yet at all. (to be fair the Pro price will change as well).

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
The Best Value for EV on this planet, period. I doubt Ford is going to keep selling this at 40K for 2023 MY.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

1652369012316.png

Pro was ~ 3-4% - $40K

It is available to the public at $40k. This is like saying a Porche 911 GT3 isn’t *really* $250k because they only make 1000 a year. It’s just a case of high demand and low supply, it’s not that it’s not *really* $250k. The people who got a Pro in wave 1 didn’t have to do anything special other than getting in line earlier at a dealership that had allocations.

It was reported from the very beginning that it was likely there would be a limited quantity of Pros for the retail market.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
They just need to allocate more of them for consumers. For me personally, by the time the truck rolls in I’ll have a need for a Pro trim not as a daily driver but just as a utility vehicle. I specced one out to about $45k for the perfect spec for me. Perhaps we could all go in on a fleet deal? Out of Spec group buy!

Thanks for sharing the video

Kyle
Great reviews on both trucks.

The only retail orders allowed for the PRO model was in Wave 1. By the start of Wave 2 the Pro was no longer available.

Since the Pro isn't readily available would you still advise folks to jump all the way up to the Lariat ER? I think if you erase all thoughts of the Pro (since it is not readily available), the XLT SR still represents a great value at $23,000 less than the XLT ER.

The XLT was no longer available to order once wave 4 started. Some of us saw the value in the XLT.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Wish I could've ordered one, wouldn't even be a question if I would take delivery unlike the XLT.

EVben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Ranger
These are the best Lightning videos I've seen, super excited for this truck it looks like its going to deliver.

The Pro is such an insane value considering (as it appears) they didnt detune anything, its almost not worth considering as an actual trim due to availability.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
The issue is the value proposition with the XLT, it's undoubtedly nicer, but is it $13k nicer? After viewing the trims, I think a few fine tuned options would've made the step up make more sense.

1) Heated seats standard on XLT.
2) Tailgate step standard on XLT.
3) Allow ER battery to be purchased on XLT without the options package.
4) Allow for Blue Cruise / Tech Package to be added to XLT (phone as key, etc.), at a less robust cost than the current package offering.
I agree entirely and hope Ford at least adds the heated seats (and steering wheel) to the XLT base for MY 2023. That would make me feel better about having to extend my reservation.
Sponsored