• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New York City

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm in Staten Island... Ordered from Dana Ford / Lincoln.

Anyone else nearby?
Sponsored

MXHanz

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
Classified
Iā€™m in the Hudson valley area, so not exactly nearby, but too far. I was looking at Dana when my local dealer became very non-committal regarding their ADM plans, but I found someone up here that turned out to be good. Did Dana get many allocations? I was 11 in line up here and got in on the cleanup wave (and I do believe being 11 in line meant they used their 10 priorities-the first few waves of orders there had all reserved days or more after I did).

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm not sure how big their allocation is, but they claim to be the biggest in the NYC area, and they have a massive lot, so they'll probably get a lot of them.

I know last spring when other dealers were struggling to get Mach-Es, they had 50 sitting in the lot, which is how I got mine. I didn't order it. I just picked one from the lot.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Congratulations!

Details... Trim, color, etc.?

Sponsored

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
Oh shit, were you #1 at DePaula?

Edit - Thatā€™s definitely DePaula. They told me I was #2 so congrats!!
Yessir!!! Whenā€™s yours due to come in? Weā€™ll have to meet up!

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Ordered through Dana as well. Lariat ER Tow Tech ordered in wave 4. Still waiting on a build date

Last edited:

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
Long Island here. First one Hempstead Ford sold. I know of only one other person on the island who got theirs ahead of us... still curious if anybody else took delivery prior to 6/9 on the island

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
did you receive your truck yet?
Not yet. Even though I was the 2nd person to order at Dana, mine isnā€™t scheduled to be built until 8/8.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Not yet. Even though I was the 2nd person to order at Dana, mine isnā€™t scheduled to be built until 8/8.
Im not even scheduled yet lol. can you tell me about you order process at Dana? did you order online or in person and did they take down your license info?

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Technically, all Lightning orders are supposed to be online only. Ford took reservations online starting May of last year, then they started inviting some of those customers to convert their reservation to an order stating January of this year. With over 200,000 reservations and only about 15,000 being produced this year, they had to pick resevations based on the position in line... AND the dealer's allocations.

For example. Toms Ford in Hazlet, NJ is only 15 minutes away, but they're only getting 3, so even if I was quick to make my reservation, but chose them as my dealer, I wouldn't stand a chance of getting one this year.

Once Ford invites you to place an order, it's supposed to be online only. Ford takes an additional $500 as a deposit and that's supposed to be all. Dana asked me to come in and leave another $1000 (which they were not supposed to do, but that's another story).

That said, if anyone cancels an order, the dealer is allowed to sell the truck as inventory (potentially with a markup). So... you can probably walk into their door and drive one home today if you are willing to pay extra for one of the "cancelled" orders.

Coincidentally, the very first Lightnings that came in the door were cancellations and they did sell them to people off the street who were not on the reservation list.

It's still pretty odd that people who placed a reservation a year ago for the most anticipated vehicle in history, and were lucky enough to get to convert to an order only a few months ago... would cancel when it arrives.
Sponsored