• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Moved to 2023 Model Year

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Walked into my dealership today to delete the scales on my XLT order. Took 5 minutes and they gave me a printout of the order with scales deleted And is reflected online. Think this will increase my chances of schedule? Priority 10 with this dealer. Curious to see what shakes out. Also laughed out loud when they mentioned one on the floor….with a 20K “market adjustment”. Good grief.
Sponsored

ukatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Walked into my dealership today to delete the scales on my XLT order. Took 5 minutes and they gave me a printout of the order with scales deleted And is reflected online. Think this will increase my chances of schedule? Priority 10 with this dealer. Curious to see what shakes out. Also laughed out loud when they mentioned one on the floor….with a 20K “market adjustment”. Good grief.
Glad it was so easy for you! I'm still fighting with my dealer....

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m so sorry that stinks. Why can’t they just make this easy. My dealer knows less that I do via this forum.

ukatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Thanks.... the GM went over the zone managers head and has promised me there will be some traction on it now.

ukatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
I actually heard from a Ford employee today; he confirmed they are trying to figure out what is wrong with my order and move it forward. Hopefully this is moving in the right direction now!

Sponsored

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Just got email from Ford. 12/19 build week and VIN in email!!!!!!

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Holy Cow deleted scales on Monday at dealership and have received VIN and build of 12/12 as well Today. What a journey this has been.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
It’s weird the dealerships and Ford were not being more proactive with you guys about the scales delete. I had both contact me about it mid-September and took care of it then. Other weirdness ensued after that…. Anyway, I’m built now just hoping it ships soon.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
It’s weird the dealerships and Ford were not being more proactive with you guys about the scales delete. I had both contact me about it mid-September and took care of it then. Other weirdness ensued after that…. Anyway, I’m built now just hoping it ships soon.
Agree, for me though the scales were addressed, I think it was the heated wheel. Ford emailed me that change on 10/08.

Sponsored

ukatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Happy for you all, but damn, makes me even more annoyed about my situation. I haven't heard anything since the contact from Ford I got on Monday. Here's hoping I'll be fixed and getting a build date from next Thursday's run. 🤞

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This whole thing is nuts. I guess with 12/12 build date I’m screwed on tax credit. Uuuuggghhhhh.

craptacular

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
This whole thing is nuts. I guess with 12/12 build date I’m screwed on tax credit. Uuuuggghhhhh.
Ask your dealer if they will get you a signed buyers order once the truck is built, they may be able to do it before then once you have a VIN. Get them to write "binding" and list the deposit you paid when you placed your order. This "may" qualify you for the tax credit even if you take delivery after 12/31/2022. My dealer was going to do this for me since I was worried the Investment Recovery Act rules would disqualify me as I took delivery a couple weeks after it was signed. Other manufacturers did similar "binding purchase agreements" to try and lock in the old tax credit rules even if you take delivery in 2023. I signed one with Rivian which I hope will work for an R1S which should deliver in early 2023. I think there is still some debate on whether or not that will work.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Ask your dealer if they will get you a signed buyers order once the truck is built, they may be able to do it before then once you have a VIN. Get them to write "binding" and list the deposit you paid when you placed your order. This "may" qualify you for the tax credit even if you take delivery after 12/31/2022. My dealer was going to do this for me since I was worried the Investment Recovery Act rules would disqualify me as I took delivery a couple weeks after it was signed. Other manufacturers did similar "binding purchase agreements" to try and lock in the old tax credit rules even if you take delivery in 2023. I signed one with Rivian which I hope will work for an R1S which should deliver in early 2023. I think there is still some debate on whether or not that will work.
That doesn't work anymore. That was the procedure to claim on ordered vehicles for a bit, but the rollover clause allowance has expired. The only way to claim on the tax credit now is to take delivery before January 1st or hope your purchase qualifies by next year's rules. So the dealership has to complete the sale, not just a signed buyer's order and deposit. I've also had the IRS verify my vehicle registration on a December Tesla purchase because the vehicle is supposed to be placed into service to qualify, which means you register it and put plates on it. Temporary registration and temp tags are fine.

For the binding purchase orders/ deposits that Rivian and others did, those are still being reviewed and we don't know if it will work. We just know that it's no longer allowed. It seems that those with confirmed VINs and tentative build dates at the time of the agreement will be OK. But I'm not sure if the IRS knows how to handle the situation Rivian created by taking the $5000 non-refundable deposits for vehicles that they and their customers knew at the time were hypothetical at best and not going to deliver anywhere close to year-end. I think there's going to be a lot of unhappy customers. Or even more likely, I can see Rivian having to pay a lot of $7500 credits out of their own pocket for this. I'm half expecting a class action suit at this point from all those who put down their $5K in addition to the $1K original deposit and are now being told their R1S or Max Pack R1T won't be produced until 2024.

...my Lightning is built and awaiting shipment and I'm skeptical that I'll take delivery this year. I'm hopeful but there's still lots of delays for convoy shipping out of Dearborn. Some lucky ones slip out quickly, but most do not. And for those further away, we're still looking at an impending rail strike. I think it will happen for me, but holiday time gets weird...

craptacular

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
That doesn't work anymore.
Sorry, you're right. Those had to be signed before 8/16/2022. When did you submit your build? Maybe the dealer can back date a signed buyers order, it doesn't hurt to ask. For the Rivian binding agreements, they only made a portion of the $1K deposit non-refundable. The $5K non-refundable deposits were for Fiskar. Rivian's agreement has language which doesn't guarantee the tax credits as I'm sure the others do as well. There is a zero percent chance that Rivian or anyone else covers $7,500 out of pocket. If anything, the class action suit will be for the Rivian IPO...
Sponsored