• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Moved to 2023 Model Year

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Sorry, you're right. Those had to be signed before 8/16/2022. When did you submit your build? Maybe the dealer can back date a signed buyers order, it doesn't hurt to ask. For the Rivian binding agreements, they only made a portion of the $1K deposit non-refundable. The $5K non-refundable deposits were for Fiskar. Rivian's agreement has language which doesn't guarantee the tax credits as I'm sure the others do as well. There is a zero percent chance that Rivian or anyone else covers $7,500 out of pocket. If anything, the class action suit will be for the Rivian IPO...
Hmmm... Yep, that's right. I had to go back and look. Seems I have two emails from Rivian. One saying they are exploring options to help customers qualify for the tax credits. Mentioning it may require a larger or non-refundable deposit. Then a second one where you only commit $100 as non-refundable of the $1000 deposit and to review and agree to it. So yeah... Not sure why I was thinking $5K. I don't have a Fisker reservation.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
This whole thing is nuts. I guess with 12/12 build date I’m screwed on tax credit. Uuuuggghhhhh.
Is yours over $80K?

craptacular

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
8/16/2022 "Solution" is only a concern for non North American manufactured vehicles [final assembly], y'all are reading into this more than was intended for a Ford F150 Lightning.

The issue is very simple ..... take possession & place into service by 12/31/2022.

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/EV-Tax-Credit-FAQs.pdf

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0923
I think he is worried that with a 12/12 build date he won't be able to take possession & place into service before 12/31/2022. If he takes possession in 2023, I believe the MSRP and income limits will be in effect.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
I think he is worried that with a 12/12 build date he won't be able to take possession & place into service before 12/31/2022. If he takes possession in 2023, I believe the MSRP and income limits will be in effect.
My concern too with a 12/19 build week. Has the IRS published anything yet? I tried a quick google search but found nothing recent.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Maybe so, but the persistent posting about sales agreements on or before 8/16 by others is distracting and irrelevant to the US made Ford F150 Lightning.

Simply, close the deal and place into service either a MY22 or MY23 by 12/31/2022, with regard to the former $7500 tax credit.

Deals closing on 1/1/2023 to 12/31/2023 (Credits for tax year 2023) need to follow the new rules.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My concern too with a 12/19 build week. Has the IRS published anything yet? I tried a quick google search but found nothing recent.
Comments periods remains open through close of business today, it will be a few more weeks afterward before we see what the final rules, procedures and any tweaks needed to forms will be.

Draft 8936 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/f8936--dft.pdf

ukatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
I just tried reaching out to the Ford rep again, since I still have no updates (10 days later).

My email was returned as undeliverable, as if he is no longer employed by Ford.

This might be the end for me, unfortunately. 🥴

craptacular

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
I just tried reaching out to the Ford rep again, since I still have no updates (10 days later).

My email was returned as undeliverable, as if he is no longer employed by Ford.

This might be the end for me, unfortunately. 🥴
Don't give up! Call the Ford marketing line at 800-392-3673 (say Lightning reservation at the prompt). Tell them you wish to file a complaint and have them document your story (see if they can give you a case number). Ask to be contacted by a supervisor. Most likely you will never get a call back, but call them every week asking for an update. Let them know you aren't going away. You can also file a BBB complaint against the dealership. Could get ownership involved to make it right for you so you will mark it as resolved. I had a dealer lie to me multiple times regarding my place in line and did both of these. The GM at the dealer took no responsibility, did not apologize, and made no real effort when I spoke to him. They asked, but I did not remove my BBB complaint, LOL. For the marketing I called maybe 8-10 times over the course of a couple months. I never got a callback from a supervisor and at 1 point was told my "case" was closed, but I did end up getting a wave 6 invite to order back in April. I'm not really sure if my persistence paid off but I believe it probably did. After I got the invite, I immediately switched my reservation to another dealer that didn't play games or add ADM. I wish you the best of luck!

ukatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Don't give up! Call the Ford marketing line at 800-392-3673 (say Lightning reservation at the prompt). Tell them you wish to file a complaint and have them document your story (see if they can give you a case number). Ask to be contacted by a supervisor. Most likely you will never get a call back, but call them every week asking for an update. Let them know you aren't going away. You can also file a BBB complaint against the dealership. Could get ownership involved to make it right for you so you will mark it as resolved. I had a dealer lie to me multiple times regarding my place in line and did both of these. The GM at the dealer took no responsibility, did not apologize, and made no real effort when I spoke to him. They asked, but I did not remove my BBB complaint, LOL. For the marketing I called maybe 8-10 times over the course of a couple months. I never got a callback from a supervisor and at 1 point was told my "case" was closed, but I did end up getting a wave 6 invite to order back in April. I'm not really sure if my persistence paid off but I believe it probably did. After I got the invite, I immediately switched my reservation to another dealer that didn't play games or add ADM. I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you for the encouragement. I actually have two case numbers with them, haha. I've spent more time on the phone with Ford (bounced around between so many departments including the tire rebate lady!) than I care to admit. I have documented several complaints with ford. I ordered back in April so I can't change the dealer anymore.

Sponsored

craptacular

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Thank you for the encouragement. I actually have two case numbers with them, haha. I've spent more time on the phone with Ford (bounced around between so many departments including the tire rebate lady!) than I care to admit. I have documented several complaints with ford. I ordered back in April so I can't change the dealer anymore.
Dang, so sorry to hear that and I know how frustrating it has been for you. Hopefully you get some resolution soon. I think if you search the threads you may find some contact info for some of the executives. Maybe try sending them an email too (I'm sure it goes to an admin), but it might not hurt to have some higher ups see your situation.

ukatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Dang, so sorry to hear that and I know how frustrating it has been for you. Hopefully you get some resolution soon. I think if you search the threads you may find some contact info for some of the executives. Maybe try sending them an email too (I'm sure it goes to an admin), but it might not hurt to have some higher ups see your situation.
I've seen it mentioned, but not the contact info. I will do some more digging!
Sponsored