• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Moved to 2023 Model Year

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
.......The email from Ford to the dealer states that the dealer must change the priority code on the order to acknowledge that customer contact has been made and the customer wishes to proceed with the conversion. That had not been done.

When he went to go change the priority code, the system prompted him to apply the smart hitch delete, which is now required for conversions. He did so.

After he confirmed that the priority code change applied and that everything was all set, I asked for my current order status. I was told I'm now in Unscheduled-Clean.

My order page doesn't reflect any changes yet but I'm hopeful to see the new 2023 pricing there within a few days.

The moral of this story is, conversions do not happen automatically, they do require specific dealer action. The dealer must signal your acknowledgement of the new pricing (and PCO, if applicable) by submitting a priority code change, and then working through the smart hitch delete, which the system prompts them for. If they don't, you will sit at priority 99 and never get scheduled.

All of this is hinted at in this thread, but I read all 115 posts a number of times and did not really reach a clear understanding of what I needed to ask my dealer for. Hopefully this post helps someone else.
This is correct!
Since my Lightning order went thru slicker than snot, without a hitch, I figured my wife's MME order would be the same since we ordered both in April 2022.

Then I found out my wife's Mustang Mach E 2022 order that was pushed into 2023, the photo changed (color) but the pricing was stuck in 2022 pricing.

It was in priority 99 (hold).

Dealer has to move your order to a higher priority in order to see the 2023 pricing and get your order moving.

Now the wait for our second Ford EV begins (on the MME forum)...

Ford F-150 Lightning Moved to 2023 Model Year Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 6.25.05 PM
Sponsored

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
Any one that moved from 22 to 23 get scheduled yet? Looks like its only the waves so far.
I just logged in, and lo and behold I got a build date! Ordered in February, got pushed to 23, got the private offer, so looks like I'm good to go. Hopefully, I can even get the tax credit as it will be in 2022 that I hopefully take hopeful delivery hopefully!

Ford F-150 Lightning Moved to 2023 Model Year lightning.PNG

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
So still no scheduled build date for me. Another customer at the dealership submitted their wave 3 2023 order for a Lariat configured identical to mine, color, spray in bedliner and all, and dealer confirmed it the day after Ford took off my OBS and mine was showing as clean in the system. They got scheduled. My sales guy told me that today and said they're escalating this with Ford on my behalf.

Starting to look like scheduling might just be a lottery of sorts...

This is how conspiracy theories start. You know, other customer is paying the 2023 price and I'm paying the lower 2022 price for the same truck. He confirms his order after mine, gets scheduled... Identical trucks other than sales price.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Reserved 11/15, ordered 8/11, scheduled 10/24, assigned VIN

Ford F-150 Lightning Moved to 2023 Model Year 24BC3B95-2134-4010-AAF0-215FD674102F

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
They’re the Power Step from AMP Research. Ford sells them with their logo on them, which are not available right now. Or you can buy through most accessory dealers or direct from AMP. You do have to drill a few holes but installing is not hard. That said I’d probably have them installed by the shop/dealer I buy from as it’s usually just easier and quicker to let them do it. I’ve installed them before on other trucks…
The Ford factory power steps are made by Magna, not Amp. They changed suppliers for the 2021+ models. It will be a lot easier to install the AMP aftermarket boards than retrofit the stock boards.

Sponsored

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Just wondering how do you know you got the private cash offer ?

I just logged in, and lo and behold I got a build date! Ordered in February, got pushed to 23, got the private offer, so looks like I'm good to go. Hopefully, I can even get the tax credit as it will be in 2022 that I hopefully take hopeful delivery hopefully!

lightning.PNG

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just wondering how do you know you got the private cash offer ?
Those who placed 2022 orders which did not get built (assigned a VIN) can verify with the salesman that a private cash offer is pending for said order, they will adjust the settlement P&S documents upon delivery of the vehicle.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
and for an original wave 2 person who extended for a pro and ordered in the first wave of the extension, I now have a build date 10/24 and a vin will they be able to verify my PCO if I call in .

Those who placed 2022 orders which did not get built (assigned a VIN) can verify with the salesman that a private cash offer is pending for said order, they will adjust the settlement P&S documents upon delivery of the vehicle.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
and for an original wave 2 person who extended for a pro and ordered in the first wave of the extension, I now have a build date 10/24 and a vin will they be able to verify my PCO if I call in .
Don't see why not, how ambitious is the salesman to dig?

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Don't see why not, how ambitious is the salesman to dig?
from the original reservation I got 1 call from "eric" I sent a few questions and no response.

I got 1 call when my order was placed

So I don't think he is very ambitious :)

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F-150 SLT 4x4 ; soon to have 2022 Ford L
Occupation
Engineer
@deathbywoodchuck how is your build going, do you have an in production date showing on the shop site?
Ford Vehicle Order Tracking-Canada or Ford Vehicle Order Tracking-USA

Join the build week conversation here
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/đź› -10-10-lightning-build-week-group.12101/
Haha yup! My blend date was 10/12 (yesterday), I did a check of my VIN on the Motorcraft site and it came up with a bunch of numbers, which I think means that the truck is mostly built.

My number is 189/394. Man did I get lucky. The website still says I'm scheduled but not in production.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My number is 189/394. Man did I get lucky. The website still says I'm scheduled but not in production.
Thanks for sharing, so 189/394 means you have a truck with spray in bed liner!?

ukatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
I am a Wave 7 order that received the text message from Ford that I was being bumped back to MY2023. When I received that, I emailed my dealer and after a brief back-and-forth, confirmed with him that I am okay with the change.

Then, nothing happened. My order page showed MY2023, but remained unscheduled and my pricing also did not change from 2022.

I just called today asking for an update, and he reiterated to me that everything was fine now that I expressed acceptance of the change to MY2023, and then proceeded to read the email he got from Ford back when the balance-out announcements were made on 8/31. The email from Ford to the dealer states that the dealer must change the priority code on the order to acknowledge that customer contact has been made and the customer wishes to proceed with the conversion. That had not been done.

When he went to go change the priority code, the system prompted him to apply the smart hitch delete, which is now required for conversions. He did so.

After he confirmed that the priority code change applied and that everything was all set, I asked for my current order status. I was told I'm now in Unscheduled-Clean.

My order page doesn't reflect any changes yet but I'm hopeful to see the new 2023 pricing there within a few days.

The moral of this story is, conversions do not happen automatically, they do require specific dealer action. The dealer must signal your acknowledgement of the new pricing (and PCO, if applicable) by submitting a priority code change, and then working through the smart hitch delete, which the system prompts them for. If they don't, you will sit at priority 99 and never get scheduled.

All of this is hinted at in this thread, but I read all 115 posts a number of times and did not really reach a clear understanding of what I needed to ask my dealer for. Hopefully this post helps someone else.
I'm new here, so my apologies if I miss any board etiquette.

I wanted to thank you for posting this. It might be too late to help me, but it really clarified for me that this is my dealer's fault, not Ford corporate(where he is placing all the blame).

I'm having a hell of a time with my dealer. We ordered a smoked quartz lariat ER in April 2022 but got the notice that we were pushed to MY 2023. The dealer tried to "fix" our order in early September, but accidentally canceled it instead, and didn't tell us (Imagine our surprise when we got the email from Ford confirming that our order had been canceled!). Its been a lot of back and forth since then with the dealer and Ford corporate. Yesterday, they FINALLY got Ford to put the order back in, but then said that it's stuck with the compatibility issues and can't be changed. He sent me a Screenshot of the order screen, and to me it clearly shows the onboard scale removal code 63x, but the dealer says he can't select it. The priority code is 19 with status "compatibility". I'm stopping by late this evening to literally watch him click around on the screen because I can't fathom why this won't work. He said when he changes it to priority 10 and clicks submit, it reverts back to 19/compatibility. Maybe he needs to put it to 99/on hold and submit, then change to 10? Any other ideas? The dealer has basically given up and says they will never make our truck.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I'm new here, so my apologies if I miss any board etiquette.

I wanted to thank you for posting this. It might be too late to help me, but it really clarified for me that this is my dealer's fault, not Ford corporate(where he is placing all the blame).

I'm having a hell of a time with my dealer. We ordered a smoked quartz lariat ER in April 2022 but got the notice that we were pushed to MY 2023. The dealer tried to "fix" our order in early September, but accidentally canceled it instead, and didn't tell us (Imagine our surprise when we got the email from Ford confirming that our order had been canceled!). Its been a lot of back and forth since then with the dealer and Ford corporate. Yesterday, they FINALLY got Ford to put the order back in, but then said that it's stuck with the compatibility issues and can't be changed. He sent me a Screenshot of the order screen, and to me it clearly shows the onboard scale removal code 63x, but the dealer says he can't select it. The priority code is 19 with status "compatibility". I'm stopping by late this evening to literally watch him click around on the screen because I can't fathom why this won't work. He said when he changes it to priority 10 and clicks submit, it reverts back to 19/compatibility. Maybe he needs to put it to 99/on hold and submit, then change to 10? Any other ideas? The dealer has basically given up and says they will never make our truck.
Keep working with your dealer.

Have your dealer reach out to their brand manager or regional rep before you go back.

The dealer may have to approve the equipment removal (scales, heated steering, etc) along with your signature to be sent to Ford before Ford will remove it from "HOLD" status.

Take a look at the VVR at your dealer and confirm if your build is listed as "Clean - Unscheduled".

When it's in priority 10 thru 19, that's the dealer range they can assign.

Once Ford assigns a VIN, Ford can move it to priority 1.

Call Ford new vehicle marketing and ask them status as well.

Ford F-150 Lightning Moved to 2023 Model Year IMG_9268.JPG

My Mustang Mach E was pushed from '22 to '23 as well and it took a lot of back and forth between the dealer and myself. Dealer could not verify amount of Private Cash Offer on their screen.

After a week, got my Premium MME order in - got VIN # last week, scheduled for 12/5/22 build, and Ford Marketing confirmed priority 1 status along with $6,000 PCO
Ford F-150 Lightning Moved to 2023 Model Year Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 7.16.09 AM
Sponsored