• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Received invitation to order, will I be moved to next model year if I dont place an order automatically?

ivremore

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Toyota 4Runner, Sur Ron X electric dirt bike
With both the PRO and XLT unavailable, I dont plan to buy a Lightning now at the higher trims. Is there anything I can do to be moved to be put on a waiting list for the PRO?
Sponsored

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GMC Sierra / ‘02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
Everything that I have seen indicates that your reservation will be canceled and your deposit refunded. You and I are in the same boat, as I am only interested in the Pro trim for my business / work vehicle.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The communication at the moment is that if you don't order, you will get your reservation cancelled. I don't believe they have set a final date at this time so it's possible things will change.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
XLT may become available to order at some point before MY23 ordering closes. Gotta get lucky as alot of people will be trying to get one when the availability pops.

They did say Pro is sold out though.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
If you do not take action to order the higher trims by 8/31/2023 your reservation will cancel, the order invitation will expire and and your reservation deposit will refund.

If you ~might~ be interested in an XLT, there is a slight chance some will be offered in up coming waves, through 8/31, but you need to be on your toes and jump in when the gate opens on Thursday afternoons.

If the Pro is all you want, cut bait now, get your money back and wait for Model-E division to open in the fall of 2023 a new round of reservations will be offered, then possibly you will get a 2024 Lightning Pro ..... no guarantees

Last edited:

Sponsored

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
it is already 10/25

If you do not take action to order the higher trims by 8/31/2023 your reservation will cancel, the order invitation will expire and and your reservation deposit will refund.

If you ~might~ be interested in an XLT, there is a slight chance some will be offered in up coming waves, through 8/31, but you need to be on your toes and jump in when the gate opens on Thursday afternoons.

If the Pro is all you want, cut bait now, get your money back and wait for Model-E division to open in the fall of 2023 a new round of reservations will be offered, then possibly you will get a 2024 Lightning Pro ..... no guarantees
MODERATOR FIXED HIS GAFF [LOL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, Camry
It may well be that they cancel all the reservations, I certainly don't know all the factors in play. But to spend the money they do on advertising, and then turn away potentially 10s of thousands of buyers seems like an odd move.

They're going to make more XLTs. Why not let me wait my turn? What do they gain by canceling the reservation?

Reactions: rxn

rxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
It may well be that they cancel all the reservations, I certainly don't know all the factors in play. But to spend the money they do on advertising, and then turn away potentially 10s of thousands of buyers seems like an odd move.

They're going to make more XLTs. Why not let me wait my turn? What do they gain by canceling the reservation?
The only play I see by cancelling people's reservations is to say at whatever date that they "got through all of their reservations" successfully.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The only play I see by cancelling people's reservations is to say at whatever date that they "got through all of their reservations" successfully.
It also allows them to change their order/distribution model from a fresh start, should they choose to do so.

OP
OP

ivremore

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Toyota 4Runner, Sur Ron X electric dirt bike
I guess I will let my reservation expire. It is one thing to wait for 1 1/2 years to order a truck but then to lose the reservation because Ford is unwilling to make the trim I am interested in is rather grating.
Sponsored